Good salary?

I have been offered 240,000 SLR per month by my employer. Please suggest if it is a good salary.No accommodation allowance,though. I will be relocating to Colombo, and looking for a 2-bed flat or a small house. thanks!

mohandwivedi wrote:

I have been offered 240,000 SLR per month by my employer. Please suggest if it is a good salary.No accommodation allowance,though. I will be relocating to Colombo, and looking for a 2-bed flat or a small house. thanks!

Is the salary after tax or gross amount
Do you get medical insurance cover
Annual flights home

These need to be taken in to consideration as well as the salary.
For cost of living www.numbeo.com

Gross salary,it is. Full medical insurance and annual flight home. EPF and Income tax deducted during my stay can be fully reclaimed once I leave Colombo. Your take?

mohandwivedi wrote:

Gross salary,it is. Full medical insurance and annual flight home. EPF and Income tax deducted during my stay can be fully reclaimed once I leave Colombo. Your take?

You need to now factor in monthly living expenses, deduct that from your salary and then work out how that equates against what you are earning now, present  living costs and how much you are presently saving.

If your new job shows a much better earning and saving capacity then you have to make a decision as to what you do.

It is a good salary!!

it's a very good salary. I am sure you monthly expenditure in meals will be not more than 25,000 even if you dine outside cafes.

@atulugamage  Lol, are you sure of what you are talking about??? I agree it is a good salary if you know how to manage your funds... but Colombo is not cheap... just my 2cents