I'm a moroccan girl marrying a British guy,

With you being Jewish they won't let you marry a Muslim woman,  it's against the law both moroccan and islamic.  I'm a revert to Islam and I was questioned a lot by both the police and the adul on my religion.  I had to take a certificate of shahada (declaring to be Muslim). The police wouldn't give me there required approval until they where convinced of my islam.  I would start reading the Qur'an and revert - this assuming you are male and not female!  If it is ok for a male muslim to marry a female Jew or not is a complicated subject and you would need to seek advise from a scholar. 

No I don't live in morroco,  in uk

Thank you for your help. I'm Jewish and it's my husband to be who is Moroccan and Muslim. Thank you so much for all your advice.

Mulchaleah1986 wrote:

This is fantastic thank you. I was just advised that if I am providing my certificate of no impediment from the council here in the Uk that I may need to request this 3 months prior to the marriage which sounded strange. So I guess if we are not getting married until December or January than I have lots of time and maybe start preparing them November of which I can travel to Rabat.

Thank you for your help

I think it took 21 days for me to receive the certificate of non-impediment. I then took it to the British Embassy in Rabat, and they gave me a paper (you pay for it), which is required for marriage in Morocco, that is only given to you if you take a certificate of non-impediment to the British Embassy. So you should apply for the certificate from now.

Also start applying for your police record. As that takes a little time to. It's best to get them out of the way, just in case there is delays or anything.

I haven't heard anything about 3-month notice or such stuff.

Excellent thank you. Do you know how to apply for the info from the police to show your criminal record. Is this needed from Uk or from Morocco?

No, I'm not Moroccon or living there, but I've went there several times, for holiday, and marriage. I'm mixed Egyptian/Sudanese, born and bred in the UK.

I know how it feels preparing for marriage in Morocco, so much confusion & headache, so I'm hoping to help others who face the same problems I had, and make it easier for them! Any questions, do ask.

Thank you so much. So the final thing I'm unsure about is criminal record and whether I need to get this from UK or in Morocco and then where do I go to get married? What's the place called like a registry office?

You have to apply to your police hq for a full criminal record disclosure.  When I applied for mine I put an accompanying letter saying I needed it to get married quickly and they processed it really quick.  If you don't have this or notice of impediment then don't set off until you have them.

It would be good if you had somone to help guide you through it in Morocco who knows how to deal with the Courts etc.

I would start to learn about islam though.  Many of the fundamental s are the same as Judaism and I'm sure it will help in your marriage

Mulchaleah1986 wrote:

Excellent thank you. Do you know how to apply for the info from the police to show your criminal record. Is this needed from Uk or from Morocco?

From both. I got the police record from this site:

www.disclosurescotland.co.uk/basicdiscl … /index.htm

It says Scotland, but it's the right place to get it from and nothing to worry about, as you can see the link from here:

https://www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-s … k/overview

In Morocco, I went to the Police station, and they asked me to fill in some details about myself, and asked a few questions. Then told me to collect the paper a few days later.

Thank you

Thank you so much

Do you know if it's the standard or enhanced version of the police check needed.

Mulchaleah1986 wrote:

then where do I go to get married? What's the place called like a registry office?

At the "Adoul's" office, like a registry office. Don't worry about that! It's the very last step, where you sign the papers and finish.

Mulchaleah1986 wrote:

Do you know if it's the standard or enhanced version of the police check needed.

Just get the standard. It's more than sufficient, as it basically tells them whether you have a criminal record or not. That's all they want to know. Whether you have a criminal record, and what for.

Thank you so much. Appreciate your help.

Perfect thank you for all your help. And do you know how long it took to receive it?

Mulchaleah1986 wrote:

Perfect thank you for all your help. And do you know how long it took to receive it?

Not more than 2 weeks, provided you have supplied all the requested documents they want, and they have no problems with it.

Perfect thank you so much. I've now just got to plan everything. Do you know anything about Moroccan divorce?

Mulchaleah1986 wrote:

Perfect thank you so much. I've now just got to plan everything. Do you know anything about Moroccan divorce?

Lol. From marriage to divorce already!

On a serious note, no, I don't have experience with that. But I hope your fiance isn't married/separated, and in the process of divorce, as it raises some questions.

Anyway, as a Muslim, my advice to you would be, don't rush into anything.

Come on be optimistic you haven't even married yet! But yes take Zayn's advice and don't rush into anything.

Thank you so much for your help.

No problem. :)

Goldkhalifa wrote:

Come on be optimistic you haven't even married yet! But yes take Zayn's advice and don't rush into anything.

Yeah, I've had people learn the hard way. Rushing into marriage, and then only finding out later they were being exploited from the start, for the sake of a British Passport/Indefinite Leave to Remain.

I'm a Muslim, and although he is Muslim too, one must mention the realities too. The truth can be bitter at times.

And yes, I agree with you. Learning about the religion is helpful, although of course the religion doesn't force her to convert to it, but it will help understand about some of the Moroccan culture, and ease her into the Moroccan life. And with any mixed-faith marriages, it's important to deal with any differences that may arise after marriage, before the marriage. Sometimes people only think about those things in the future... too late!

Hello Goldkhalifa, I hope  u r well. I see u have married a morocon.

You will probably see from a topic I have posted on this blog-called marrying a moroccon, I was also in the process of marrying a moroccon, but very sadly it hasnt happened.

You will see why, when you read the question  I have asked regarding my experience of the marriage process I went through.

I would be very grateful if u can answer from the information I have given on the blog, and tell me if you went through any of those experiences.

I very appreciate your time and comments.

Oh please! You are still considering this? You have described your experiences on the other thread and EVERY person who came on and gave advice said that you were being scammed and not to even think about the marriage any more. Yet here you are trying to cling on and find an excuse to proceed after all.

Please, please cut off all contact, close that chapter of your life.

Beauty is a poison, the poor has bee blinded by love  :sosad:

laduqesa wrote:

Oh please! You are still considering this? You have described your experiences on the other thread and EVERY person who came on and gave advice said that you were being scammed and not to even think about the marriage any more. Yet here you are trying to cling on and find an excuse to proceed after all.

It seems that behappy786 has not understood or taken onboard any of the advice given to him and so he is quite happy to keep making the same mistakes over and over again.
Definitely wishes to learn the hard way about being scammed. Hope he has a good bank account  or an understanding bank manager  :dumbom:

- Those with life experience & wisdom have given him advice. All answers - It's a scam.

- Those who found themselves in a similar situation, have given him advice. All answers - It's a scam.

- Moroccans themselves have given him advice. All answers - It's a scam.

So what does he do? 

- Now he awaits for advice from those married to Moroccan.

So when the response is anything other than "go & get married":

- With no-one left to ask, he will ask himself. The answer will lead him back to Morocco. Once again, congratulations on your marriage my friend.

stumpy wrote:
laduqesa wrote:

It seems that behappy786 has not understood or taken onboard any of the advice given to him and so he is quite happy to keep making the same mistakes over and over again.
Definitely wishes to learn the hard way about being scammed. Hope he has a good bank account  or an understanding bank manager  :dumbom:

We should have simply advised him to get married and that it's not a scam. He would of saved himself and us a lot of time.

I'm going to create a random account, and post, GET MARRIED. Since that's what he wants to hear, it will be the end of his questions.

well my advice is that you welcome but you need to find out more about this guy before you commit youself with your dreams to come to uk, its not easy belive me

hi there, i may have misunderstood, but was this  message meant for me?

Good evening XB23- I just wanted to thank u for your valuable, time in put and advice.  I understand that you probably feel bizaare about this just like most of the others who had advised me on this blog, but it was only for my satisfaction, is why I was gaining as much opinions as possible, seeing things from a different perspective.I had already made my mind up about this some time ago.

Evening BeHappy786,

You're welcome. However, you're thanking us for our input, yet you're not taking anyone's advice. You're ignoring everything that's been said by everyone. So I do feel you're wasting our time, and more importantly, your own time. Lets be honest, you want to hear some "positive" advice, and that's why you will never be satisfied with our "negative" advice. And once again, lets be honest... you haven't made up your mind at all, as you continue to post about the same topic, and will probably continue for a while, until you get married to her, or by some miracle, you come to your senses and end it.

@behappy786

So you have made up your mind.
How about telling us what your decision was. That way we will then not have to continue posting advice to you.

Good morning Stumpy, as mentioned before, I had decided not to to go ahead. I understand it may have been the obvious thing to do, but unless you get proper advice and opnions, it is never easy to come to a decision, which has taken a lot of my time and investment.

This is why I had spent a lot of time talking to people and doing research to get a proper insight in to my experience.
Having spoken to many paeople on discussion forums, contacts and friends, I can now clealry see why my experience was basicallly like a complete joke.

Obviously the right decision.  ;)

I wish you the best for the future.

Hi all,

Please note that we have removed some abusive posts.

Thanks
Armand
Expat.com Team