Tourist to working visa

Hi! Good day to all. I would like to ask if anyone knows if it is possible to enter Norway with a tourist visa then shift it to working visa if I would be able to find an employer there? Hope someone could help me with my inquiry. Thank you.  :)

Hi, I do not think you can do that, usually required to have an employer first.Also the length of your first stay seems to depend on your background/education. You should read the pages from the Norwegian Foreign Department re this matter:

www.UDI.no

Good luck !

It depends where you are coming from but if you are in the EU you can come to Norway for three months looking for work, getting an employer to employ you will be the hard part. I dont know if it will help but I wrote about my expeience with work in Norway recently on my blog here.

hi ychian,

seeing as your profile says your currently living in the Philippines, i would assume your a filipino citizen.

as a rule for work permit, you would need to have a concrete job offer (or an employer) before you can be granted a work permit. And you can't be granted a work permit if the job you found does not correspond to your education/profession (ex. you cant get a cleaner job if you are a teacher).

as a rule for tourist/visit visa, you cannot work while you are visiting Norway on a visitor's visa. although i couldnt find any rule that says we cant look for a job while on tourist visa, i dont know if there are employers who will be willing to give you a job in line with your profession if you dont have a residence permit. i had tried some online applications, it actually requires a DUF number since i am not a Norwegian citizen.

on another note, job seekers can stay in Norway for 6 months while looking for a job, but this only applies to nationalities who doesnt need visa to go to Norway. Sadly, its not for us Filipinos.

hope this helps.

sources: Tourist/Visitor's Visa for Nroway
Work Permit for Norway

Hi Prince 143,

You have to contact the Embassy in Riyadh for a visitors visa, as well as work visas. Unfortunately, you are at their mercy. Did they tell you why your first visa was rejected?
The only thing you can do is to go back to the embassy and clarify what went wrong and what you need to do to qualify for a visitor visa.

Have you looked at the official Norwegian government webpage udi.no ? You might find some useful information there.

All you can do with a tourist visa is look for an employer and if in case you find one with a concrete job offer you need to go back to the Philippines and process all the papers and legal works then you can apply for a work permit in the Philippines to come back to Norway with the proper visa :)

The most important rule to keep in mind is tourist visa holder's are not allowed to work.

Hello friend.how are you.my name is Hakim .now im in france and i want to Come to norway.i have a tourist visa to norway .how clan i get  work visa.please i need information.thank you