Pet Friendly Accommodation in RAK

Hi Everyone

My Wife and I have been living in Al Hamra Village for the past 8 months.
We have 2 large dogs so we have had to get  accommodation with a garden.
We have been paying AED 75 000 for this year, but that was the limit that we could afford.
The problem is the rent is going up after the first year, and it is going to be out of our price range.

Would appreciate is anyone could help me with information regarding any rental agents that could help us with pet-friendly accommodation (minimum 2 bedroom place) with the rental under AED 70 000 per year, or even if someone knows of someone who is renting out a place (house, villa, townhouse) with those specifications.

Thanks

Adrian
-

Hello Adrian and welcome to Expat.com :)

I suggest you to place an advert in our section Housing in Ras al Khaimah to increase your chance of finding the accomodation you are looking for.

Regards

Kenjee

Hi Adrian,
I'm afraid to tell you but I seriously think you will have to move out of Al Hamra Village! Owners there are getting crazy re rentals! Many people are moving out of there lately. New people moving in... mainly Dubai people for whom the rentals are still reasonable.
I think you will have to roam the Dubizzle ads to find somewhere outside of Al Hamra/Mina Al Arab.
Wishing you good luck
Arlette

Hi FeeAcer,

I have received a job offer and need to have some information to take a decision. Company pays for health insurance, accommodation tickets and school for children. I will come with my wife and 2 children, 5 and 9. Salary 13.500 UAD. Is that salary enough to live and save some money monthly in RAK?

Please help me with this since it is a hard decision to make.

hello, u can try looking at rak dubizzle..they usually post villas, flats or apartments for rent.
goodluck..

Hello all

@Jorpas : Try www.numbeo.com for cost of living and also I kindly invite you to check out the multiple threads on our cost of living forum section to gather useful information.

Your salary seems ok to live and save if your work is providing accomodation and school for children.

Regards

Kenjee

Hi Adrian,

Maybe I can assist you with a direct, influential RAK-contact.
My Email is: [email protected].
Kind regards,
Claude

Hi Adrian: sorry, right Email is: [email protected]

Hi Adrian,
Hope that you've had very good luck finding suitable accommodation. I'm in the same boat as you, almost. We have a similar cap on rent and will need to bring over our two dogs - a very large italian mastiff and a small mixed breed we rescued at the pound. Can you tell me of a nice area for kids and dogs? I was thinking of Al Hamra myself.
Best of everything!

Hi Trini Lisa B

Al Hamra Village is the best place by far if u going to bring your dogs.

Adrian

Hi Adrian!
Thanks for your response. We're thinking of living in Al Hamra but we may leave the dogs behind. We are in the Caribbean and are afraid that the journey may kill the animals. We're very heartbroken over the decision.