"EXTRA" electronics closed-down by ministry of commerce.

JEDDAH — The Twitter account of the Ministry of Commerce and Industry said the ministry has closed down several eXtra shops for giving false discounts.

For example, they would show the original price as SR799. After discount the price was down to SR719.

But people on removing the sticker found the original price underneath was SR719, In reality the store did not offer any discount, which was displayed in the marked up price.

The same applied to prices of other items having a price tag of SR220 which was raised to SR259 before discount, and SR459 hiked to SR510 prior to discount. The customers who sent tweets of this ‘fake discount' were very thankful to the ministry. — SG

I noticed the same on discounted price of  T-Shirts at City center.

Well, how about the offers of non-existing Products? :D
Stores like, Jarir, or other hypermarkets, would usually put up an item - only to be told, that it is already out of stock...it happens to often, and is really unbelievable.

Mostly Cheating, deceiving and Lying is not considered to be immoral here. Good that some authorities are taking some strong steps against it !!  :top:

I think what they did is right. It's haramy to do that. Why would they put this kind of nonsense discount when they have many customers even if no discount? because they are like jarir 2.0 but no books just electronics. I really like Extra store but to what they did, it is so wrong they should stop for a month or maybe make an official public apology statement.  :D

Rosaifah wrote:

I think what they did is right. It's haramy to do that. Why would they put this kind of nonsense discount when they have many customers even if no discount? because they are like jarir 2.0 but no books just electronics. I really like Extra store but to what they did, it is so wrong they should stop for a month or maybe make an official public apology statement.  :D

They already apologize http://www.arabnews.com/saudi-arabia/news/664116

It's really bad feeling of cheating normal people, they deserve it with penalty, even they apologize.

javedakb wrote:
Rosaifah wrote:

They already apologize http://www.arabnews.com/saudi-arabia/news/664116

Yeah, in the way, they did not really admitted that they actually cheated!...and to think, as per their statement, they've been doing this kind of discount / sales for quite some years.

Extra stores  :dumbom: ...crooked!!!

It's good that they apologized but never admitted that they were luring customers. aissshh!~~ Now I'm mad. but still going to extra store tonight, who knows, maybe i can grab a REAL discounted price.

Rosaifah wrote:

It's good that they apologized but never admitted that they were luring customers. aissshh!~~ Now I'm mad. but still going to extra store tonight, who knows, maybe i can grab a REAL discounted price.

Wish u good Luck  :D  i purchased LED TV on ist day  :)

wow. ur lucky u had bought led tv on the first day. i was in the extra store in sultan mall on their first night sale and it was too crowded like FOR REAL! almost like the hajj crowd scene. I almost can't breathe and move so I had to retreat. I hope it won't happen tonight as it will be the last night of their "promo discounts"  :|

Rosaifah wrote:

wow. ur lucky u had bought led tv on the first day. i was in the extra store in sultan mall on their first night sale and it was too crowded like FOR REAL! almost like the hajj crowd scene. I almost can't breathe and move so I had to retreat. I hope it won't happen tonight as it will be the last night of their "promo discounts"  :|

You can buy anything online too

Yes i know but I'd rather check it there. :)

What about souq.com ... when they will close it ????
they are selling duplicate brands in watches, sun glasses, perfumes etc.   ALL DUPLICATE