Fiancee Visa Status

Hello there! I just would like to ask for an advice. I applied for fiancee visa last September this year. My visa reference number appeared in www.infovisa.ibz.be one month after I lodged my visa application. It shows there, "In afwachting ontvangst van documenten die de visumaanvraag ondersteunen en die door de Belgische diplomatieke/consulaire post per diplomatieke valies verzonden wordt."

My fiance is not interviewed yet. It has been two months and a half already. He called up to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Brussels and they only said to just wait. It is not a problem for us to wait but we are more concern of the expiration of our papers. We will probably re-apply again in the city hall if there is no decision until the expiration date. I really do not know how the processing of fiancee visa application goes there.

Does anyone here know where we can follow up for the updates of the visa application? Just for him to be interviewed so that the investigation can move forward then. He also called up to the city hall and they just said that they just wait for the result of the investigation. Where can we follow up for the investigation? To the police? To the procureur? We really do not know. My fiancee lives in the city of Aalst anyway.

I am looking forward for your kind reply regarding this matter. I just want to clear some thoughts on my mind since it is my first time to apply for fiancee visa. Any reply will be highly appreciated. Thank you so much in advance!

HI good day to all,
I am now applying for fiancee visa to Belgium and there are things that I dont understand.
Can someone give me an advise what to do for it and what papers do I really need to pass and to be authenticate at Department of Affairs here in Philippines.HOpe someone will give me an advise pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeee..I really need a Help..

roeh wrote:

HI good day to all,
I am now applying for fiancee visa to Belgium and there are things that I dont understand.
Can someone give me an advise what to do for it and what papers do I really need to pass and to be authenticate at Department of Affairs here in Philippines.HOpe someone will give me an advise pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeee..I really need a Help..

Hello there, Roeh! Have you checked the website of Belgium Embassy? All the requirements for FV application is stated there. :)

Hello. I have the same situation from yours. May I know if what happened after? Is your visa got approved?

Hi there, Kath! Yes, I got my visa approval and I have been in living in Belgium for 6 years now.

Hi, not sure if it will help but the Belgium thum rules are.

Once you submit the paper they generally not expire they will ask you to provide them incase needed or but if you talking about financial documents you can provide city hall and they generally can add in your file. I did that for my F-card process.

But they generally replied or provide answers at the last moment.

The big thumb rule in Belgium is from government is no news is good news.

Hello Kathy

I saw your messages on expat.com in which you got the following notification on https://infovisa.ibz.be:

"In afwachting ontvangst van documenten die de visumaanvraag ondersteunen en die door de Belgische diplomatieke/consulaire post per diplomatieke valies verzonden wordt."

I was wondering: after you got that message, how long did you have to wait for a final decision? Did you need to send additional documents based on that notification or do an interview? And did you receive a positive decision after all?

I am in a VISA C cohabitation procedure with my non EU partner and saw our application status changed to the same text as mentioned above, and I am wondering what to do and what to expect. It feels like the waiting is already endless... Maybe you have relevant information that can guide us along?

Best wishes
Cecile

Hi Cecile! I saw your private message first so I already sent my response there. 😊

Hi Kathy,I am in the same situation, how long did you wait?