How to make friendship with expats to know their cultures

hello ...i'm Egyptian young man who is interested in knowing others cultures and I'm asking about the best way to make friendship with expats here in Cairo and where to find them and what is the best place that you can easily make friendship with them :)

Hello there,

Is there really steps and procedures on how to make friendship to other people especially foreigners?  I don't think so! I mean, it will just happen without you knowing. But it has something to do with what are you doing in life. Any activities that will lead you to be with foreigners.  Because most of the foreigners especially here in Egypt,  they are here for some reasons or has something to do with their jobs somewhere.

And if, you are connected in one of those activities they are doing surely you will have friends different nationalities and at the same time you are broadening your horizon.

From being with them from time to time whether work or just friendly outings, if you are observant you will learn some of their cultures and attitudes.

And im pretty sure that you will have at least some ideas on how they are doing their own things which are different from your own, Yeah?

thank you for answering me :)
well.... what activities can i join that will enable me to meet expats here ...of course friendship comes by time and behavior and a lot of stuff like that :D
but where to find those activities specially in Cairo .... could yoy please provide me with examples ??
thanks in advance

Hello again:)

There are some group of foreigners that are into charity works like prison visitation,  visiting orphanage and helping refugees.

Try to make some inquiries about this things in the nearest place where you are living. There are some programs  that are under the government projects while others are non -profit organizations. In short, they are volunteers.

Well, you are egyptian it is even easier for you than anybody else, if you really want to get involve with those kind of projects or programs.

One more thing,  you have to be time conscious if you are dealing with foreigners.  For them, " Time is Gold" they believe that there is always time for everything. Normally, they can have an appointment with you for example then they can go to another appointment after meeting you, sometimes 1 appointment or more. That's why it is really important to be time conscious to avoid misunderstanding. For sure you will have smooth friendship with them. :):)

well for this point about time stuff , don't worry about it :D cause i already do this :D
and about these organizations whether NGOs or GOs i'm a little aware of those stuff cause i joined some of them for a while ... but actually didn't find such a thing i mean meeting other cultures or foreigners specially who are able to speak English or coming from Europe and USA cause i'm planning to go there someday ...so if you can name some of the NGOs or GOs in cairo for me that will be great and i'll be thankful for you :)