Hello! I am new to Valencia and expat blog

I received an email instructing me to say hello and introduce myself.
For info you can see the profile I had to fill out. Tons of info there to get a feel for who I am.

What I can say here is that my arrival in Valencia has not gone without a hitch.
I have learned a lot about the Spanish culture and the people. Now, I long for and would delight in spending time with people whom I am familiar with culturally speaking or who know what leaving the homeland and settling into a whole new world is like.

I am not a party person, but I love nature and get together with positive caring individuals.

I speak French, English, Spanish and I do not care how old you are, what you look like, how much money you make. As long as you are kind, truthful, use your ability to smile, and know how to carry on conversations free of negativity, I will be happy to meet you.
And if you are an uplifting person, well... that is just a great PLUS! :)

oh oh. This sounds like a romantic add a little :)
So this may be a good place to say: I am not romantically available. Friendships only. :)

I look forward to knowing you!
Flavie :)

Hi Flavie,  I have been living in Valencia for all of 3 weeks and looking for friends to explore this wonderful city with.  Would love to do so with you, perhaps we could even form a little group with a few others!  I am an energetic early retired medical chemist/executive taking advanced spanish classes at the University, have an apartment in Ruzafa, love to tool around on Valenbisi (the wonderful public bikeshare system), as well as  the bus/tram/metro system, and just came up from living 4 years in Buenos Aires.
Best reached on email  at james dott tusa con geemale dott com.
Welcome to Valencia y saludos cordiales!
Jim

P/D  Anyone else out there want to share the fun?  This place is really pretty amazing (where has it been all my life?-jajaa) and I love to learn new things about it.

Hi Jim,
I sent reply in email.
See you soon!

Flavie

Hello Flavie.

Thank you for this introduction :top:

I have moved your message to the Valencia Forum for better visibility and interaction with the members.

Thanks.

Karen :)

thanks Karen!

Hi Flavie444, I was touched by your word "Now, I long for and would delight in spending time with people whom I am familiar with culturally speaking or who know what leaving the homeland and settling into a whole new world is like. " I am also at the same age of you. Newly moved to Valencia, a week ago and love this city badly. I like to walking and running like local people in the river. I come from China, and wish to make new friends to share different life experience and insights of life.

Hi Flavie,

My name is Maria, and mt family and I relocated to Valencia last year. Its the best thing we have ever done! Glad that you are enjoying Valencia. Its a beautiful place. I live about 30 mins from the city.

Im also the same age as you :) I also author a blog continentalfairy.com take a look there about my experiences and my take on what it is like living in Valencia with my family. Send me a PM if you fancy meeting up sometimes xx Take care!

Hi Everyone

I am going be newbie in Valencia as well ... arriving in less than 2weeks
I am from NYC but have been bouncing round Spain but found incredible city of Valencia over summer & love people lots so moving from Barcelona

I will b living in center

= )

Hi!

I liked your first message in this post!

Although I know Valencia pretty well, this is not my home and I am also looking for new friends who have positive thoughts and would like to do any sort of activities now and than.

Write me if you want to meet up, I think it could be fun!

Hello everybody!

Please forgive the ridiculously late response!
I have had the hardest time logging in and therefore could not communicate or respond.
I would have enjoyed meeting each and everyone of you. :)
However Unexpected events had me move to another country at the end of 2013.
I hope you all found great people to spend time with :)
Much love!
Flavie

Hello Flavie, My friends call me Rey. I will be heading to Valencia next week(Oct 1st 2014). Id love to meet you or anyone else that has replied to this forum for that matter. Can you please share some the hitches you mentioned earlier in the conversation? I will be trying to enroll in the University of Valencia when I arrive and am looking for a short term rental 2 maybe 3 months. I will extend If Im accepted to the University. Any suggestions?

Flavie444 wrote:

Hello everybody!

Please forgive the ridiculously late response!
I have had the hardest time logging in and therefore could not communicate or respond.
I would have enjoyed meeting each and everyone of you. :)
However Unexpected events had me move to another country at the end of 2013.
I hope you all found great people to spend time with :)
Much love!
Flavie

Hello Rey

As Flavie mentionned just above your recent post, she is no more in Valencia and other members who participated on this thread has been inactive since 2013.

However you are kindly invited to participate on threads in our Networking in Valencia section of the forum so as to increase your chances to find new friends when you will be in Valencia.

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com Team

Hi,my name is Peter and I just moved to Valencia with my wife,we are also looking for friends here.
our E-mail address is: [email protected]

Hello to one person new to Valencia from another new to Valencia. My wife and I moved here from Madrid 3 weeks ago and from what little we have seen here, would not go back. We are also looking for friends. I am American and my wife is Dominican. We  are looking forward to seeing all of Valencia and traveling in the immediate area. You mentioned the formation of a group and we would be pleased to be counted as  founding members. Hope to hear more soon. Peter Denis.