What is the meaning of stakeholders in a work permit

Hi Expat Malta Family

My work & residence status ıs now "awaiting feedback from stakeholders"
who is the stakeholders?

Any parties involved in the employment and/or process.

Stakeholders are those who have a say in a matter: they usually influence the matter or they are affected by that matter in some way.

In case of work & residency permit, they can be:
- Your employer
- Department of Employment and Labour (they represent the government policy about foreign workers)
- Police (they record any misconduct or unsocial behaviour)
- Interior Ministry (they have to know who lives where)
- Social Security Department
- Department of Pension
- Tax Department
- Health Department

There may be more or less stakeholders and the name of these offices can be different.

Hope this helps and good luck!

Hi,

You re like an information hero thanks:)
I have been waiting since in July
I hope this stakeholder could be last stakeholder

Hi,

that means they are waiting for someone ( in Europe or Malta) to want to have your job !

If nobody in Europe wants your job you might get it .

Cheers
Ricky

ricky wrote:

Hi,

that means they are waiting for someone ( in Europe or Malta) to want to have your job !

If nobody in Europe wants your job you might get it .

Cheers
Ricky

what job is it ... i might want it lol ;)

Its not logical Rıcky

Why not ?

This is what the ETC guidelines quote:

Key stakeholders are asked for their clearance, including health and immigration authorities, as well as other sector-specific authorities as the case may be. If clearance is withheld from any of these stakeholders, the application will be rejected and applicant informed accordingly. If no stakeholder presents an objection, then the employment licence is issued to the employer, and the third country national may take up employment with that employer on the terms indicated in the application.

In particular , the work permit application is circulated to the European job agencies and posted Europe-wide. They will wait until they get  or don't get feed-back from other EU countries.

This is what takes longest!

What job have you applied for?

Cheers
Ricky

:( Turkish customer care agent

ricky wrote:

Why not ?

This is what the ETC guidelines quote:

Key stakeholders are asked for their clearance, including health and immigration authorities, as well as other sector-specific authorities as the case may be. If clearance is withheld from any of these stakeholders, the application will be rejected and applicant informed accordingly. If no stakeholder presents an objection, then the employment licence is issued to the employer, and the third country national may take up employment with that employer on the terms indicated in the application.

In particular , the work permit application is circulated to the European job agencies and posted Europe-wide. They will wait until they get  or don't get feed-back from other EU countries.

This is what takes longest!

What job have you applied for?

Cheers
Ricky

Hi Ricky,
I agree with your statements as to the process, but that doesn't make the non existing, potential or hypothetical EU applicant a stakeholder! As such applicant hasn't been identified, they weren't asked and therefore cannot be stakeholders.

It's probably more accurate to say once the stakeholders expressed no objections, there is a waiting time while the EU would be applicants are given preference.

Hi New Horizonz,

you seem to have misunderstood my reply .

I was referring to the ETC and the European job agencies who are required to check if there are European citizens interested and qualified to take the offered position.

The 'non-existant ?, potential or hypothetical? EU applicants themselves are not the stakeholders but the process of looking for job applicants first within the EU is a standard procedure. If there are no applicants within the EU then there will be no objections by the stakeholders.

For a job as Turkish customer care agent there will probably not be too many qualified applicants but the offer Europe-wide still has to be made and will take time.

Cheers
Ricky

Hello Ricky,

I understood you well before as your answer was clear and elegant (as usual) but thanks for the additional explanation.
The principle approach is the same across the EU. They are pro business and want to protect the EU citizens.
This isn't the first time I come across this topic in business. Also, if you study Business or Economics, Protectionism (which work permit is all about) is well covered.

My comment was about the terminology: 500 million EU citizens aren't individually stakeholders in her application [hence my phrase "non existent, potential or hypothetical EU applicant"]. This I think is also the reason she commented  "Its not logical Ricky".
An employer has to demonstrate reasonable effort to have filled the vacancy within the EU. If a job deemed to be of a general nature, e.g. a customer care agent, the application is rejected offhand. If it isn't general but there are some EU applicants, the employer has to prove that their applications have been considered but were unsuitable for the vacancy.

The fact that her application is "awaiting feedback from stakeholders" after 4 months suggests no obvious objections raised and no suitable E|U applicant has come forward so far.

Anyway, I think we're both clear about her situation.

Cheers,
Russell