I got my name appeared in DOU

hi i have applied for viper visa on jan 2014. my name was appeared in |DOU a few days back, what do i need now. can someone help me

Hi Luke,

First of all congratulations, you're almost through the bureaucracy now.

Go to the Polícia Federa website www.dpf.gov.br and at the bottom of the main page you will find a box entitled "Estrangeiro" click on the first line "Orientações Gerais" and it will tell you what documents you need in order to now register in the RNE (Registro Nacional de Estrangeiros) and request your Cédula de Identidade Estrangeiro. Generally speaking you must have 2 - 3X4 photos, a copy of the DOU page that shows your process, a document that bears your parents' names such as your Birth Certificate. Note: If you applied based on marriage then you will need a copy of your Marriage Certificate and this will also serve to show your parent's names.

Then go back to the main page and click on the next line in the box, "Requerer Registro/Renovação" and follow all the steps by clicking on the links in each line and filling in the necessary information.

You will need to schedule your visit to the DPF (in this process) if you live in a small city the site probably won't even have appointments, but in large cities like São Paulo, Rio, Belo Horizonte, Brasília, etc., this is ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY. Then go to the Federal Police at the date and time shown on the appointment slip which you must also print off. In smaller cities you usually go when you wish. REMEMBER YOU MUST NOW REGISTER WITHIN 90 DAYS FROM THE TIME YOUR PERMANENCY WAS PUBLISHED IN THE DOU.

When it comes to step 5 - Generate the GRU(s) "Guia de Recolhimento da União" you need to generate 2. Click on step 5, then 3 "Pessoas e entidades estrangeiras" fill in the information in the blank fields. The fields with the ORANGE asterisk are mandatory fields and you must provide that information or the GRU will not print. In the field for "Agencia Arrecadadora" click the down arrow and scroll down the list to find the Superintendência Regional in your city (or that has jurisdiction over your city - usually the same place where you applied before).

In the field "Código da Receita STN" you need to click on the magnifying glass then scroll down to 140120 "Carteira de Estrangeiro da Primeira Via" and click on that one, it will fill in the type of GRU and the fee automatically. Then print it off by clicking the "gerar GRU" box at the bottom.

Now you need to repeat this process again and generate a second GRU for Código da Receita STN 140082 "Registro de Estrangeiro/Renovação" and print it off.

Pay the two GRU(s) at any bank or Casa Lotérica within SEVEN (7) days of printing them or you need to generate new ones.

Take your DOU, photos, documents and paid GRU(s) to the Polícia Federal and they will register you and start processing your Cédula de Identidade Estrangeiro. While they claim this will be ready in 2 months that's usually pure BS, my friend just applied here and they told him 180 days as I have suspected all along and in truth it will probably not even be ready then.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Don't forget you are required by law to report any change of address to the Polícia Federal within 30 days of any move, for as long as your reside in this country from now on.

Cheers,
William James Woodward, Expat-blog Experts Team

Thank you wood. I ll do all the paper work today. Do foreginers receive RG or only RNE for life time

Foreign nationals do not get an RG (Registro Geral) that is only for born Brazilians.

You will be applying to register in the RNE which is the Federal Police database on all foreign nationals permanently in Brazil or on VITEM (temporary visas). What you will receive is an ID card specifically for foreigners the Cédula de Identidade Estrangeiro, it will initially be valid for 3 to 5 years in most cases and you will need to contantly renew it until you are 60 years of age unless you have a physical disability. Applicants over 60 or having a disability get a permanent Cédula that does not need to be renewed.

The Cédula looks like this:

https://rosalienebacchus.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/brazil-cedula-de-identidade-de-estrangeiro1.jpg?w=300&h=247

Thanks for all the info :-)
I, also am going through the same process (although through my Brazillian child). One question I have is do you get informed personally that you get approved for permanency, or do we have to constantly check if we have been put in the system?
I have been stamped in my visa in August but haven't heard if I'm in the system yet etc...

Cheers,
Doug

I received a cedula (or as I call it affectionately, my gringocard) with no expiration date and I'm 57.

Hello Boyfromipanema,

You entered the permanency process before Sept. 1 so you're under the old system. (i.e. you only applied for permanency, not for the RNE and Cédula de Identidade at the same time) you will need to keep checking the Policia Federal website as the list of permanencies granted keeps being updated.

Cheers,
James      Expat-blog Experts Team

Hello Randinho,

In the space for VALIDADE is it blank or does it say "INDETERMINADO"?

If it says indeterminado then it will not expire. You're not required to renew the Cédula once you've reached 60 years of age, or if you have a disability, so they may have issued yours with no expiry since it would be valid for at least the three years to put you over 60 anyway.

Cheers,
James       Expat-blog Experts Team

Excellent! Thanks, James!

Cheers Jsmes,

The federal policial also mentioned that they will do a 'home' visit at some point to confirm my situation, although they haven't yet...
Is there a particular easy access link that you know of to check their website, as it's sometimes a bit confusing!
Thanks,
Doug

Hi Doug,

Under the old system they did a home visit to confirm that a "couple" really existed if based on marriage, and that there was actually a "child" if based on Brazilian child. Now under the new system they actually believe the Marriage Certificate or Birth Certificate and no longer make the home visit.

Since you recently applied, they probably won't do a home visit anyway, but don't be surprised if they do. If they do visit they will phone about 15 minutes before they arrive.

To check on the permanency process itself you can check the Ministry of Justice website "Consulta geral de processos" at the bottom of this page:

http://www.justica.gov.br/seus-direitos/estrangeiros

You can only use Internet Explorer, it won't work with other browsers. Enter your protocol number in the blank

You can also check the list on the Policia Federal site to see if it is updated:

http://www.dpf.gov.br/servicos/estrange … definitiva

or just your process here:

https://servicos.dpf.gov.br/sincreWeb/p … ocesso.jsp

Cheers,
James

Cheers,
James

Hi Doug /James
Just completed the permanente visto process myself. Following the home visit I duly checked the Ministry of Justice website  via internet explorer on a regular basis as advised and never got any response. Was fairly surprised to find my name had been published in the Diario Oficial and it Only came to light after running a search on Google using my full name. Luckily managed to respond in time. A Portugese friend was not so fortunate and when advised to run a search on his name last week found out it had actually been published back in August. Seems that which ever browser you use run a Google search in tandem!
Good luck, Nick

Ok thanks Nick!

Good to know...
I haven't had my visitation yet, but I only filed in August so I'm guessing it can't be too far off (or as James said they might not be bothered anymore!).
And cheers James for your info too-much appreciated!
Ps what is the protocol number you mentioned? Above my passport stamp there is a barcode and number stuck on-is that it?