No objection certificate

Hi,

I would like to know in your experience how long did it take for you to get No objection certificate (NOC). I have been waiting for it for about 2 months now. I was supposed to start work today, but still waiting on NOC :(

Thanks in advance for your answers.
J

Dear J
usually It shouldn't take that long, but maybe its an internal issue with your company and things will be solved 1st.
I can tell also that if the guy doing this got some connection can be finished in a week at most.
I will ask an expert about that and reply back again.

It can take that long, depending on the company and depending on how strong company's wasta is. This is something you'll learn when you get here. So many Kuwaities are travelling out of the country during summer so it might have caused the delay as well. You just have to be patient.

depends on the strewn of the GR department on your company, it could be as 2 weeks up to 4 months.

what your going though is an average for almost every expat

ps: its summer time, and soon also, its ramadan, it could be way after that .

Thank you all for your response, I'm just getting apprehensive as just sitting home with no income. If only I had better indication of time I could have continued working :(

I'll just cross my fingers and be patient.

Hi Jasmine,
Why dont you try requesting from the company to start your service from the date you were supposed to start working so that you can get paid. Its not your mistake that its taking longer than what was planned and trust me with summer time and then Ramadan it can even take longer. You should take it up with your employer or the recruitment agent that you could have continued working if you knew and whether they would compensate you.

Hi Jda,

I shall give it a go :) thanks for the suggestion.

Cheers
C

Hey... I'm American, so perhaps that's the difference, but I don't even know what that is. And, I don't believe that I ever got one. I have my residancy already, so I don't suppose that I will get it now if I haven't already. So... my question:
What is a No Objection Cert and what is it for?

My understanding is NOC is required which I believe is given by Ministry of Kuwait, thereafter I would need to submit the NOC + PCC + Medical to Kuwait Embassy and they would issue work visa.

Since you are already in Kuwait I don't think you have to worry about it :)

Hope this helps!
C

My NOC finally arrived :):):) looks like I'll be there soon :D

good news,

welcome to Kuwait in advanced,

u gonna love the weather, hahahaha

Hello J,

Kindly tell me how much time Kuwaiti Ministry takes to issue NOC, i have been waiting for over a month.

Thanks
Blueman2k

Hi Blueman2k > just to inform you that this is an old topic. You might start a new one on the forum.

right but i need to know what docs Kuwaiti Authorities need to issue NOC and how much time it takes to approval of NOC