New members of the Netherlands forum, introduce yourself here

hey i am YAssine i am from tunisia and i don´t speak good dutch. indeed i need friends i want to spend more times outside. i live in the hague. i just come in hollande since one month. trying to have friends and better job.

Hi, Its a wonderful forum . I am new in Maastricht and looking for a dutch teacher for my three children aged 11 , 8  and 5. They have already joined school but finding it hard to cope with the language. If there is anyone who can give home tution please contact. my email address is [email protected].
Thankyou.

Hello,
I am am Italian. I am a webdesigner and I moved to the Netherlands. I created a website on the city of Amsterdam and we provide services to all the people who want to come and live in Amsterdam.
Our common experience is that most friends of ours spent something like 3000/4000 euro at least in the first month, in order to get settled. So we started this website with the goal to assist people willing to come and live in Amsterdam for a cheap price.

hello :)

kav87 wrote:

hello :)

Welcome to EB.

Please introduce yourself to the forum

Hi all!

I'm not exactly a newbie expat as I've been living in the Netherlands for almost two years now, but I have only just found this site.  I'm English, by the way, and live with my Dutch boyfriend in Hilversum. I'm a work from home fibre artist, struggling with the Dutch language.  Well to say I struggle isn't completely true....yes, I do struggle with it, that part is true, but the reality is I rarely need to speak it anyway.

Pleased to have found this site, and look forward to chatting with you all :)

Deviad wrote:

Hello,
I am am Italian. I am a webdesigner and I moved to the Netherlands. I created a website on the city of Amsterdam and we provide services to all the people who want to come and live in Amsterdam.
Our common experience is that most friends of ours spent something like 3000/4000 euro at least in the first month, in order to get settled. So we started this website with the goal to assist people willing to come and live in Amsterdam for a cheap price.

I just want to add that we provide online assistance: by sending you an e-mail with all the info you need for your staying in Amsterdam, as well as on-site assistance: this means you will have assigned a personal assistant that will be for you in Amsterdam when you arrive and will help you to complete the various tasks that you need to fulfill.

Hi to everyone! ;) I ve been in Amsterdam 3 months ago and I d like living there, I am 21, i come From Milan and I am studying commerce. Is it difficult find a job? Is people friendly?
Where are the place more cheap for living ?

Are there any course to learn Dutch?

my name is Genet Abera.  i am 27 years old,i am hydrogeologist , i am 5 years work experiyance in water well drilling .
i wish work  and learn in nether lands in this field.

Hi! I'm Polish girl, I've moved here for my Dutch boyfriend and we are living now in Amersfoort.
I'm glad I found this website because it's really useful! Hope I'll find here some friends.
I'm working in confectionery and struggling with Dutch language which is quite difficult for me.
I love traveling and spending time active. Write to me if you are bored, we can always deal with that. :)
Greeting for everyone, Ania

Dear All,

Thanks for your comments on me.
I am an Indian, coming there as Project Sales Engineer in a valve manufacturing company from India.
I am planning to stay there for 10 years. I will be based at Rotterdam so I am searching a house of one room kitchen, please suggest if anybody among you know it.

I am fun loving person, always enjoy new friends, music, party.

Regards,

Prafulla

Hello dear Nicole, How are you doing ? My name is Shahzad.

Hi,

How long are you staying in The Netherlands.

You can also check Ymere.nl or woningnet.nl

Greetings friends!
My name is Pedro (23yo). I'm from Portugal and I have also lived in France (Lyon) and the UK (London). I now want to move to Amsterdam.
I'm looking for information about job seeking and life in Amsterdam. I'm looking for any kind of job and information about life in Amsterdam. I speak portuguese and english.
I'm a charity! Please, donate your information! xD
I'm also here for general chat... and if any of you believe I might be of help...I'm here!

Hi , I'm Mario
I was working in England for 8years and love to move in Amsterdam, I'm from Greece Athens , I have been searching for a month now to find a job in Amsterdam but till now no results, well is nice to meet u all people :)

hello everyone
My name is John and I am from Greece
I am looking for a job in Amsterdam and a housing partner with cheap rent
can anybody help me or recommend something for me?
Thank you
John Balomenos

Hi everyone!

I recently moved to the Netherlands because of my Dutch boyfriend. We are currently living in Alphen aan den Rijn, a small town near Leiden. I am 22 years old and I have a job in which I am resposnsible for HR and the office at a small marketing company.

I'm looking meet some new people to do fun things with more or less in the area where I live, although I don't mind to travel a little bit :D

Hello all

Main reason for me to join neteralnd group is to  inform you about that presenc of " Leonard Retel Helmric" the renowned Dutch filmmaker who will conduct another life changing filmmaking workshop organized by Documentary Voices and supported by DIFF.
From the 6th to the 9th December,  2014, renowned Dutch Documentary Maker and inventor, Mr. Leonard  Retel Helmrich  who has taken Single Shot Cinema to another level, will lead a master class at International Horizon college, our this year education partner.

You can register for this four day course by filling out the attached form and sending it back to us or by writing to Nahid Emami: [email protected] or [email protected]  or by calling 0566454622. The seats are limited so please book as soon as you can.

During the four day workshop, you will not only learn about single shot cinema and its roots, also you will be coached by Mr. Helmrich to make your own short film while using his invention “ Orbit” device.

As a member of Expat.com, in addition to priority admission,  you will also receive 10% discount on the registration fee.

Please see the attached press release for more information and scroll down for the bio of our infamous instructor. You can also check our website for more information on each of our guests.

This course provides an invaluable opportunity for any filmmaker in the region.  Hope to see you all,  Please note that space is limited to only 15 participants.  Therefore, please register early.

If you are coming from outside the UAE to attend this workshop, please contact us to receive cost effective travel package that we have available  specifically for this workshop.

Should you require further  information, please do not hesitate to contact us
documentaryvoices.org
hope to see some of you at the lectures

Hello im Edison :) a young man 22 years old feeling boring in my country and wanting to travel all over the world starting from beautiful netherlands- amsterdam. i want to move there soon but i want first to find a job. i could do anything in order to start my living there but i studied as a cook and i have 6 years experience. i want find some place to live like sharing apartmnt or something cheap. please help me with starting there like cheap offers to stay or how to search for english speaking work. thank you :)

hy guy i,m joseph i,m from italy , i work in uk for 2 years in 2 differet hotel i,m chef i worked in different section i start like commi chef 4 years a go in italy after i move in uk my duttilis was starter chef ,pizza chef and pasta chef i,m my last job my profil was second chef i,m good guy if any one have position avalitable x me contact me my email is [email protected] in thi moment i come back to italy but i hope me luck for find job in netherlands

Hiya :)

I am from Australia and a passion for life and travelling has now brought me to Europe. The last year and a half I was living and working in New Zealand, working two ski seasons near the slopes and a summer season near a popular surf beach.

Recently I have moved to The Netherlands with my Dutch boyfriend who i met while travelling. I am now living in Tilburg but have found a place for us in Reigersbos near Amsterdam were we wish to find work. I have worked as a beauty therapist for many years and hope to find work in a spa in Amsterdam.

Would be nice to met some friends around were i am living, or in the city.

Hi Sally,

How long will you be staying here? I've lived in Haarlem and I moved to Amsterdam due to school.
Well Haarlem is a small place with not much to do, another reason for you to visit Amsterdam more often :)

Hi,

Are you enjoying Rotterdam? It's a great city, how long will you be staying here?
I read on your profile that you own a marketing business, well I just started a nanny agency (Happy Kidz Oppas) and Im always interesed in meeting other entrepreneurs :)

:gloria

Hi Everybody,

I'm Raluca, from Romania and I'm getting ready to move to Amsterdam next week, for a new job.

I was really happy to find this blog, as I find it very useful for a new beginning in a new country.

Also, I would like to ask for your help regarding accommodation, as I saw that it's very difficult to find one in Amsterdam.
Maybe you could give me some advice, from your own experience.

Thanks!!

Hello
I'm mostafa 31 years old, from Alexandria live almost 4 years in my beloved Amsterdam work in IT engineering and busy now with my PHD.
Would like to meet more people from all ofer the world.
I'm Fu easygoing and have sense of hummer

Welcome in Amsterdam
Which a commendation you are looking for maybe I ca help you

Sounds nice

Welcome in nl I kno only in Amsterdam sorry

Hi Raluca,

Well finding a house in Amsterdam is really dificult and really expensive.
You can contact www.directwonen.nl, www.ymere.nl and www.funda.nl

Good luck :)

My name is Meita. I am grand daughter of BNJ Metaal (Dutch man) who married with Molucca Lady. Since I am little, I have a dream that I can live in Holland some day. But until I dont know how. I have Aunty who is Author, Wiesje van Groningen. So when I found this blog this morning, I really excited. And maybe I will find a way and fulfill my dream living in Holland. Very nice and peaceful country.

Hey! I've just moved to Amsterdam from London. Originally Swedish!

Welcome in Amsterdam what do you work or studying?

Hi Sally! How do you like living in Haarlem? I'm from Utah just moved to Rotterdam. I've spent time in Austin, it's a great town!

Hello!

My name is Cameron Moss. I am an expat from the US just settling in here in Rotterdam! I love to travel, meet new people, and cycle!

Rotterdam is a big town so I would love to meet people, maybe grab a drink after work and talk about the places to go to in Rotterdam!

Cheers,

-Cameron

Selamat datang Nera, salam kenal . saya lahir dan besar di jakarta utara ,di Belanda saya tinggal di Hillegom dan kerja di Amsterdam.

Groetjes
Depy

Depy wrote:

Selamat datang Nera, salam kenal . saya lahir dan besar di jakarta utara ,di Belanda saya tinggal di Hillegom dan kerja di Amsterdam.

Groetjes
Depy

Please keep this conversation in English  ;)

Hi everyone,

My name is Jasmine and i am from singapore. Making my plans and preparation for my move to Amsterdam.

Would love to know more about the culture and information on how to get a job and apartment etc etc

Thank you  ~

Closed