Import advice

Good afternoon everyone,

I am hoping that there is someone "out there" who can help me with an 'import' query please.

My Uncle recently passed away and I have been left a lovely mirror by him - the problem is......the mirror is in a little village called Clatskanie (an hour from Portland) in Oregon, USA.

Obviously, I want it here in Manchester but where to begin.

I am hoping that someone has had some experience with the importation of an inanimate object from America, and can point me in the right direction please.

I will post this on the American site too, as there maybe someone there with experience too.

Thank you.

Chuckle-Butty

Hello Chuckle,

Thousands of such items are shipped between US and UK by major courier companies ( Fedex, DHL) every day. All you need is some body from US to pack and take it to Courier company's office, it will be delivered at your Manchester address with in 4 working days.

Some items require 'item category declaration' and the courier company will guide you on this. Do not forget to get the mirror insured.

UK customs do not charge any duty or tax on 'one off item of sentimental nature'. :)

Hiya riazcdki,

Thank you for your help.....now that you have said it........it is so obvious, d'oh. I hadn't given the 'big guys' a thought.

Thank you again,

Chuckles