Expat.com is not a dating site!

A lot of members are complaining that they are bored, lonely and wanting to meet new friends. Meet up are organised to get people know each other, thread is being spoonfeed to them to catch up with the meet up discussion but these bunch of men still insist to get the ladies' contact number :mad: . PM's are being sent like "hi, hello, how are you?, hello dear, here is my number call me if you're interested in me, etc etc"....and since when I become your dear :o ?

To those men in Oman who belong to the above....please, this is not a dating site, stop pestering the ladies. :mad:  We are not here to look for boyfriend, we have much much more sensible things to do than what you are thinking. Please focus your attention to anything valuable that you can contribute to the expat community. But if your "need for what you call friendship" is that intense, please go to the dating sites not in expat-blog. :dumbom:

Well said Hexebella ... Thats a very interesting topic to comment on. I like the way you phrased it and how your words show your state of mind while writing those words.

I can understand your frustration but what can you do if all those desperate souls who are living in a platonic surroundings believe that they can hook with a girl once they take the initiative and through their contact details. Well, its a very primitive approach that only show how desperate those people are.

Unfortunately you cannot put an end to the problem, all we can do is to Report what we see inconvenient and help keep the community clean of those who are disrespectful to themselves and to their communities.

To those people I would say: if you have got extra time in your life; try to get a life, and find something interesting to do; make yourself busy with any constructive activities, something that will really benefit you and make you a better human being; and believe me its not about how rich or handsome you are; its all about what do you do in life to make your days count and meaningful rather than meaningless.

yup!too much ferlng handSome man in this blog wants a girlfriend only ,nanu times I recirvd their request but they font hsve the luck to me  because I BLOCK then!LOLZ!

VidoDido wrote:

Well said Hexebella ... Thats a very interesting topic to comment on. I like the way you phrased it and how your words show your state of mind while writing those words.

I can understand your frustration but what can you do if all those desperate souls who are living in a platonic surroundings believe that they can hook with a girl once they take the initiative and through their contact details. Well, its a very primitive approach that only show how desperate those people are.

Unfortunately you cannot put an end to the problem, all we can do is to Report what we see inconvenient and help keep the community clean of those who are disrespectful to themselves and to their communities.

To those people I would say: if you have got extra time in your life; try to get a life, and find something interesting to do; make yourself busy with any constructive activities, something that will really benefit you and make you a better human being; and believe me its not about how rich or handsome you are; its all about what do you do in life to make your days count and meaningful rather than meaningless.

:top:

: :lol::dumbom:

xenia valdehuesa montano wrote:

I wish I could bang the head of this men that their brain get twisted and think productively

amoor wrote:
VidoDido wrote:

Thats my baba vido!
Sa? Uncle amoor?
:D

:lol: Go hexabella Go! im  second emotion!

hexebella wrote:
xenia valdehuesa montano wrote:

I wish I could bang the head of this men that their brain get twisted and think productively

GURL!
Intensefully.... BUHAHAHHAHAHHAAHAHAH   :D

If you feel you are getting unwanted posts then hit the report button and tell us why you are reporting it.

If need be the administrators will ban that person.

keep banning.

Lol true

http://i1320.photobucket.com/albums/u531/wjwoodward/DATESITE_zps40374a09.jpg

Well said hexebella!

No matter how hard we try, there are some who join the blog who simply will not follow the rules. These are the individuals for whom banning is the only option, and believe me they do get banned and banned quickly.

Ladies, please we do depend on your reports in order for this to happen in a prompt manner. While the topic postings on our open forums are just that "public" and will eventually be seen by moderators, this may take time. Clicking the REPORT triangle at the top of each posting will send an alert to Team and speed this up significantly.

When abuses take place in the Private Message System it is absolutely imperative that you report them. Nobody sees your private messages but you and the sender. They are not subject to moderation like the forums, so if you're being harassed and annoyed we don't know about that unless you use the REPORT feature. When you open a message you will see on the "Conversation with" line a button ACTION click on it and then select REPORT. Give a brief description of your problem and click on OK. This will copy the message to Team and immediate action will be taken.

To all the men out there who think that it is quite acceptable to be sending these unsolicited and annoying messages to female members, be warned YOUR DAYS HERE ARE NUMBERED. This kind of behavior IS NOT tolerated here and you will be banned without any hesitation whatsoever. Don't try and come back with the lame excuse that you didn't know either...... you agreed when you registered to follow Expat-blog's rules. If you didn't read them, that's your problem.

William James Woodward, Expat-blog Experts Team

Just a side note, ladies. In the Private Message System the ACTION button also has a BLOCK MEMBER feature. Please even if you're going to block all further messages from the offending member REPORT the member too. Otherwise you only resolve your problem, you aren't helping to get rid of the offender and help us resolve the problem completely.

Cheers,
wjw

:/

100% true

hexebella wrote:
amoor wrote:
VidoDido wrote:

Thats my baba vido!
Sa? Uncle amoor?

Saa ate Hex

Yeah I realyy agree with thatt . Expact blog is not a dating site. Its a platefourm to  enhance people's socializing. It provides opportunity to knw about differnt cultures by meeting diffrent peoples from different countries

Break! no fight!  :dumbom:
However, ladies and gentlemen, I cannot but agree. "Love affairs" can harm the very meaning of the site. I believe there are more appropriate sites for that. Chatroulettes or dating sites - (mymagicbrides.com/) or whatever. Why annoying other people?

Unfortunately in this technology based day and age there are unsavory types who use such technology to prey on others. Forums are a great hunting ground for such people.

To combat this here on EB the administrators have a reporting system in place so anyone who receives something they are uncomfortable with they can report it which then is checked by admin who will more than likely ban that person.  You can report a PM or a post on the forum.

However, in order for this system to work you must use the report system. 

For those seeking love affairs or matters of the heart there are many such websites that cater for that so use them and not EB.

There was a thread in the middle east section that was nothing more than prostitutes and Johns.
It was deleted.
This site is a mutual help forum, not a sex site;  I know what will happen if that sort of things gets going here, so I would prefer it didn't happen.

For all the men seeking massage (prostitutes), man/woman or man to man, go to the other sites you use, don't do it here.

As Stumpy very rightly said, there are some nasty people using the internet, and we don't want them on EB.
Should you see a bad thread, or get private messages from such people, report them and they will be sorted out.

I am sure you target a small number of hopeless people who have no objective for their existence in this life! Those slugs can be ignored easily.
I am sure this blog will direct energies to somethings more meaningful. I wish to see some outdoor activities that will benefit the community and Salalah as a whole. Can we donate money and go to poor houses. This is a good one where we can also engage hopeless people for something good for their society. Moreover, we can share updates about hidden activities that happen in Salalah and not advertised properly....

JOOP82 wrote:

I am sure you target a small number of hopeless people who have no objective for their existence in this life! Those slugs can be ignored easily.

True, but reported and banned works even batter

JOOP82 wrote:

I am sure this blog will direct energies to somethings more meaningful. I wish to see some outdoor activities that will benefit the community and Salalah as a whole. Can we donate money and go to poor houses. This is a good one where we can also engage hopeless people for something good for their society. Moreover, we can share updates about hidden activities that happen in Salalah and not advertised properly....

Charity work is always good news.
We expats tend (not always) to be better off than many, and a heck of a lot better off than the really poor. Helping those in need is good news. A rich man who takes a meal to a poor man is going to feed him, but also give him hope and a reason to smile.

New to Muscat, looking to meet new people.

Scott Hutton

Scottmichaelhutton wrote:

Scott Hutton

Best o' luck brother.

hiii everyone.. i m new this community...
its nyce

oh, i thought it is.
Duly noted.

LauIsBack wrote:

oh, i thought it is.
Duly noted.

Lau is back! :top:
looking for dates?

yes, khalas is mah favorite.

http://img1.haraj.com.sa/userfiles30/2013-12-02/529c70bf61548.jpg

LauIsBack wrote:

yes, khalas is mah favorite.

http://img1.haraj.com.sa/userfiles30/20 … f61548.jpg

mouthwatering...yeah...dates

True, I agree with you

Although it is not for dating. We recommmend that for being a friend chatting and messaging is necessary.

I agree

Yes, you are roght

Scottmichaelhutton wrote:

Scott Hutton

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … 77#2560883

Hi,

I've removed a few off topic posts from this thread

to some i may definitely b wrong but it's just an opinion
this issue of sending dating or friendship PMs is a complicated one.  sending an appropriate/decent PM ain't harmful i guess.  e.g. compare it with going out for clubbing, do v know most of the people in those places, v get drunk, step on the dance floor and start dancing with an unknown person, either she/he's gonna accept it or u r gonna move on. same goes with this PM thing, u don't like it ignore it and the sender should move on - the problem arises when the guy/girl in the club or the online PM sender refuses to move on - the verdict for that kinda person is GUILTY.

scarface_010 wrote:

this issue of sending dating or friendship PMs is a complicated one.  sending an appropriate/decent PM ain't harmful i guess.  e.g. compare it with going out for clubbing, do v know most of the people in those places, v get drunk, step on the dance floor and start dancing with an unknown person, either she/he's gonna accept it or u r gonna move on. same goes with this PM thing, u don't like it ignore it and the sender should move on - the problem arises when the guy/girl in the club or the online PM sender refuses to move on - the verdict for that kinda person is GUILTY.

There is a difference: in a club or disco you go to there to see and been seen and making a good time. You know that the chance is high to meet some one you like and try to get in touch with. This blog is for (to be) expats looking for information and share experiences. Nine out of ten women (or maybe ten out of ten) don't want to be bothered  with unsolicited pm from totally strangers looking for "culture or language exchange", love or one night stand. What the hell men thinking? They don't even take the time to check the profile of their "choices" and their avatar says nothing about them.

Leave us women alone!!! If we want friendship, we go out !!!

I respect n totally agree with your opinion/comments but the club/disco thing was rhetorical – just an example + I think u didn't read my last statement “ the problem arises when the guy/girl in the club or the online PM sender refuses to move on - the verdict for that kinda person is GUILTY”
And ya although in the club/disco v get to c n be seen but the total stranger fact is still there even if u r in the club.

Anyways like I said it's a complicated issue – v'll just keep on arguing about it.

Well said Primadonna!
Cheers!

Primadonna wrote:
scarface_010 wrote:

There is a difference: in a club or disco you go to there to see and been seen and making a good time. You know that the chance is high to meet some one you like and try to get in touch with. This blog is for (to be) expats looking for information and share experiences. Nine out of ten women (or maybe ten out of ten) don't want to be bothered  with unsolicited pm from totally strangers looking for "culture or language exchange", love or one night stand. What the hell men thinking? They don't even take the time to check the profile of their "choices" and their avatar says nothing about them.

Leave us women alone!!! If we want friendship, we go out !!!