Rosarito Beach winter weather

Hi. I'm a 65 year old retiree from Northern Wisconsin. It's below 0 and we already have a foot of snow. My husband and I are traveling to Rosarito Beach for the winter with our dogs. I have searched and searched for an accurate description of the the weather for Jan-April and the best I can get is it's better than where you are! No kidding. I don't know what to pack. Can anyone help?

Rosarito  (Baja Norte) has weather like San Diego COunty.  Check the weather for Imperial Beach California.   Rosarito is 30 miles south of the border.   Most buildiings DO NOT have central heat. Check and see if the accomodation you have chosen has any kind of heat. My first condo had not heat and a neighor in the complex had a new baby....didn't use any kind of heat. Very common.  I never lived ianywhere that had heat.   You will want warm pajamas and a warm robe for  early mornings.   If you are going to be on the beach......it will be cooler than inland Rosarito.

If you need more    detailed info about living there  please send me a direct email. [email protected]

I'm 65 and live in Columbus, Ohio.  I hope to hear about what you find.  The Winters are really rough on me.  I wish I could find a comfortable place to spend at least January and February every year.  So please keep me posted on what you find.

Thank you Anne. What I did find were averages in the upper 60s during the day and as low as 40 overnight. Sounds like camping up north lol. Does that sound about right?

it gets 45 for low 70 for high and some times windy but beatifull iam in ensenada this winter ..last winter i was in dominican republic that was nice

Yes.  That's about it.  Imperial Beach would be the same.  Remember about 2 in the afternoon there is an off shore breeze.  Great in summer but not so great in winter months if you live wthin ten miles of the coast.  I purchased a small electric heater for the bathroom.  About $20. I would run it in the bath in the mornings for about 20 minutes before I took a shower.  Electricity can be very EXPENSIVE.

Rest of the time I layered clothing and in January and February I wore thermals in the daytime when walking along the oceanfront.

Thermals really? It's below zero here at night. I'm thinking 60* is shorts weather! LOL we do plan on packing jackets and there are space heaters at the villa, I've never lived anywhere with out central heat, but then I've never lived anywhere else but Northern Wisconsin! We will pack extra blankets for the nighttime lows and close the windows towards evening. We may find we need to go farther south for truly comfortable temps during the winter next year.

I have looked at places around the Sea of Cortez, but they are pricey. I like the idea of being close to the US our first winter and hey, the price was right.
Anyone have any ideas how to dress? I've read some things about trying to not look touristy...but, at home we wear jeans and sweatshirts. Thoughts??
I really appreciate the feedback folks. Thanks.

The wind off the ocean can be be chilly even though the temperature  is in the low to mid thirties.  I like to walk along  the beach in the very early morning (5 am)  and I like to be warm.. I do not have winter clothes per se  only one  warm jacket and a couple of hoodies. ....so I wear thermals under my "summer slacks" on those morning.  I might  be wearing shorts when I go out to lunch later  in the same day.  I use ONE goose  down comforter only  and I use it  year round.   I have a "throw" on the sofa I use in the evenings when I watch TV.   I would not pack any  extra blankets.

Surely where you are staying will have sufficient bkankets  if they have space heaters.   If you plant to be out and about in the early mornings
on the beach, or in the  evenings, you might want to bring on set of thermals, just in case.   Slacks, jeans, tees, sweaters and sweat shirts are common. Iwould not bring sweat shirts or tees that have  obvious USA designs  like  GO Wisconsin OR whatever.  Flea markets here do sell shirts that say Budweiser or whatever so you will see Mexicans wearing those.  If I were you,I would pack about 3 sets of clothes and then buy anything else here if you are concerned about "fitting in". .   There are Big Box stores, even Walmart.  It is best not to OVERPACK
as that can be a hassle at the borders.  Are you driving into Mexico?
Or flying?

I grew up in Ohio and I am not tolerant of COLD.  Mexicans do not as a rule have central heat.  Most do not even use space heaters.  However anyone catering to tourists probably would.  Someone built a gorgeous house on the beachfront near me......would fit into any Newport Beach neighborhood.  No central heat.

Also I came to the area when I was 75 (now 83) and maybe my age has something to do with my reaction to the cold. (duh!) although I am very active.

Dress to be comfortable. The locals wear jeans and sweatshirts also. What screams tourist is white skin, and more attitude than dress. Many of the locals have shirts with American themes and English on them so your shirts should be fine, Sandals are pretty much a must, and tennis shoes for the colder days.