I'm JD from Tampa

HI there,

I just joined this blog and really like it so far.  In 5 years, when I am 62, I will take early SS retirement and move to the North Coast, probably Sosua or  Cabreate.  My best friend is Dominican and his parents live in Santiago.  I've been to North Coast 8 or 9 times and really like it.  I plan to get either a teaching job at one of the International Schools or do some part-time real estate or travel work.  I'm a Broker here in Tampa, work for a new home builder.  I'm starting to plan already, hope to join the Rotary Club there and blend into the community, doing public service.  I will be renting a 1BR Apartment near beach.   I look forward to making some relationships here, maybe meeting a few of you good folks when I visit in 5-6 months.

Welcome.  Living here can be a very good thing you just have to do your homework.

Bob K

Welcome to the forums.  Blending in will be difficult....... ;)     The best we can hope for is acceptance and doing good.   Rotary is a great place to start.  Are you learning Spanish????  That will help a lot.  Read read read the forums and start asking questions.............