INTERNATIONAL SCHOOLS IN OMAN

HELLO, COULD SOMEBODY TELL ME WHICH SCHOOL TAISM, ABA, MIS, PDO IS BETTER REGARDING: CURRICULUM, TEACHERS, INFRASTRUCTURE... I WOULD TRULY APPRECIATE ANY HELP

Hello valentinamfb & Welcome on Expat.com

I would kindly ask you to avoid writing in Capital letters as it is considered as shouting on the Forum.

Also try to check out the other threads on this forum, you might get useful information.

Regards

Kenjee

Today we have visited in Canadian school which is located in Al khud . This is school have good infrastructure and all other facility.If you want more information than visit the school campus and hope you will get all information what you are looking out.

regards

As I know, MIS

Of those four you listed, TAISM and ABA are the better ones. TAISM follows the American curriculum, while ABA follows an IB curriculum.

valentinamfb wrote:

HELLO, COULD SOMEBODY TELL ME WHICH SCHOOL TAISM, ABA, MIS, PDO IS BETTER REGARDING: CURRICULUM, TEACHERS, INFRASTRUCTURE... I WOULD TRULY APPRECIATE ANY HELP

Two more in the list.
ABQIS (SIS) - follows the british curriculum
Alruwad Intl. School (AIS) - Canadian curriculum.

The best 3 schools in Muscat would probably be TAISM, ABA, and BSM.

brinpol wrote:

The best 3 schools in Muscat would probably be TAISM, ABA, and BSM.

For TAISM and ABA, i rate good, however BSM is one of the most b-rated school, I have ever seen in Muscat.

A 5th standard school kid of BSM doesn't know the basics of mathematics. They have been taught poems till 6th standards and this is what I have personally seen.
The only thing, BSM is good at arranging outdoor campings, parties and funtime birthday celeberations for the juiniors. No education at all... !! Nevertheless, people run after that....  !!!

Most parents are happy with the curriculum being offered; I doubt it is just poetry or camping or whatever being offered. If the school was such garbage, I doubt the parents would remain quiet about it.

brinpol wrote:

Most parents are happy with the curriculum being offered; I doubt it is just poetry or camping or whatever being offered. If the school was such garbage, I doubt the parents would remain quiet about it.

Brother Brinpol,
I'm just sharing a personal experience which may vary for any other one. I can't comment of parents being quiet about it as I can't much elaborate this point, however you may ask a non-brit parent about the education standard and I'm sure he or she would guide you much better than myself !!!

I moved to Muscat, Oman in August 2002 while I was in 3rd grade in Australia. I joined 4th grade in MIS and eneded up completing grade 12 in 2011. MIS offers the British curriculum (IGCSE in 9 and 10 and A level in 11 and 12). All the Australian and New Zealand students in my school suffered after graduating from my school. Unfortunately the British curriculum is ranked very low in Australia. Geting a 'A and B'in grade 12 meant 75% in Australian university. An Australian class of mine she got 'A and B'in grade 12 and she didn't get accepted in Australian university for engineering, she ended up doing foundation in Australian university.Her brother who is older by 5 year did another school exam outside of school after graduating. He did SAT (america currcurriculum) and only then got accepted in engineering at a university in Sydney,  Australia.
My experience: 50% is a a fail mark in A level in the British curriculum. It's very hard to pass in A level unless you are a genius. I ended up taking a gap year after graduating and did the SAT. My SAT mark was good enough to study medicine in europe. I am currently in my 3rd year of medicine.
Go to ABA, I recommend everyone especially Australians. With British curriculum you can't study university in USA or Australia. IB curriculum is excepted everywhere even UK, USA and Australia where it is also taught. One of my friend in Australia studied IB in school. I know a girl from school who moved to UK and is studying IB. I highly recommend ABA, it is the best school. Most Australian in Muscat send their kids to that school

I think one or 2 people complaining about a school is common. But BSM is a strong school with good curriculum and teaching staff. It seems like you have a personal grudge against it or something? I don't know, I've just heard more positive things about it than negative.