About Zambian International Schools

I was hoping that someone can share their experience on international schools in Zambia with me.  I have two 6 year-old twins on the wait list with LICs and AIS and LIS since June.  Until now there is still no vacancy for us in any of the schools.  My question is:

1) When we were being told not to worry from the schools and that we are at the top of the wait list, is it true that we do not have to worry?
2) There are two schools that we have yet to explore - British Primary International School and Italian International School.  Anyone has experience with those two schools? They don't have a website which makes it really hard to assess what they do.
3) Are we missing a trick in getting our kids into one of the international schools in Lusaka or is there really no vacancy?

I really appreciate some insight from anyone who has experienced the system before.

Thank you

Dear Parent,
Yes in Lusaka there is a long waiting list. You may try your other options with the International schools you mentioned.
We are located in Ndola and have places available.

You may visit our website:
www.foundationstepscanadianinternationalschool.com

Email: [email protected]

Hello,

My name is Phil Bowen and I am the Primary Principal at the International School of Lusaka. I empathise with your predicament and only wish we could open up a space for you immediately. For a while now, the availability of international school places in Lusaka schools has been a real concern. It is not unheard of for new NGO employees to arrive in Lusaka and simply have to keep their children at home until places materialise in one of the top schools. A terrible situation for any parent. I am happy to share my advice about the excellent local alternatives which may at the very least offer a temporary solution while a place at your preferred school opens up. Please feel free to drop in to my office at ISL for some reassurance and impartial advice at any time.

Phil

Dear Phil,

Thank you for sharing your insight with me.  Since my first posting, we have been able to get the children into a smaller international school which we are happy about. 

If the school doesn't work out, we might drop by to have a chat with you. 

Thank you again for your kind offer.

Best regards
Anne