Marrying a Morrocon

No, I am not suicidal  :D .

You want to ask me something, so go ahead.

hanypoter wrote:

Nothing to add, the guys covered it all .It is sad that some Moroccan girls do that, this spoils the reputation of other good girls who have good intentions .

Hello sizif. I see you haven't given up yet despite having been banned at least 50 times.

What a shame that you did it too, except to a foreign woman, spoiling the reputation of other Moroccan men.

Hi there,

Thank u for your response.

I just wanted to check that u also agree what the others on this blog have advised me?

Asalam Alakum et bonsior et merci pour votre repondre.

I believe u r also of moroccon origin? who understands every part of my experience, and one which never should happen in a real marriage in morocco?

behappy786 wrote:

Hi there,

Thank u for your response.

I just wanted to check that u also agree what the others on this blog have advised me?

She was the first to respond & call it a scam.

Primadonna wrote:

Scam indeed  :mad:

behappy786 wrote:

Asalam Alakum et bonsior et merci pour votre repondre.

I believe u r also of moroccon origin? who understands every part of my experience, and one which never should happen in a real marriage in morocco?

Yes, according to his profile, he is Moroccan.

hi again,

thanks for your input.

forgive me if I am mistaken, but I

I think I actually know u

behappy786 wrote:

I believe u r also of moroccon origin?

You are addressing the banned member, "hanypoter"? Yes, as far as I am aware, he is Moroccan. And as far as I am aware also, he has already trapped a foreign woman into marriage and when she realised her mistake and went home and dumped him after he milked her dry, he joins this forum over and over again trying to do the same thing with another. He's the last person you need advice from. This is why the Mods correctly ban him every time - he is here to cheat others.

behappy786 wrote:

I think I actually know u

No, I don't know you. I have not met you before. You may or may not have came across someone using a similar account name as me, I'm not too sure, regardless, I opened this account last month, which you can see the date, by looking on the left, under my display picture.

I'm a Moroccan so I'll tell what I think about that! I cannot tell if the girl is a fraud of not, I don't know her and further informations a part from what you mentioned! But I do know that some Moroccan girl want to marry a foreigner just a for papers or money! But I just need to tell you something a part from the fact that she asked to send money for her sick nephew , which seems a little bit suspicious for me !

Let ask you a few questions , did you visit her family asking officially her hand for marriage?
Staying at hotel if you had met them can mean only that the family are so conservative, but if you didn't even meet them (specially the parents) that's another story!

For others things she asked to buy her! let me tell you something it's a tradition that if a man asks a girl for her hand in marriage to buy her presents, those can be clothes, dresses, wedding dress, jewellery. It's not common that the girl precise what  kind of things he will offer but it's possible if she wants. Those are presents !  the husband will be seen as cheap during the wedding ceremony. Since its a tradition to show the guests the presents of the husband during the ceremony. You can check some videos of Moroccan marriages to see it.
Of course some girls will ask for more things that others depending how the girl is like.
But what I want to ask you did you already buy here those things? or did she asked you to for the wedding? It two separate things!!

As for the separate dowry of money, it's normal it's called " mahr", it's in islam if a man wants to marry a woman the family or the girl will precise the amount of the money of "mahr", search for the subject of mahr in islam! and let me tell you something some girls will ask for even more than 10.000 dh,  this is a decent amount for a mahr , trust me! And if you look for the amounts of mahr in others cultures or muslims countries you will see the difference.

I just wanted to give an insight on Moroccan weddings, they can be really expensive for both the husband and the girl's family who in general is in charge of the wedding or the both families can share the expenses.  The ceremony can be very expensive. It's different here, the girl wears multiple dresses in one ceremony and of course to put together the ceremony itself is becoming expensive!

What i feel is suspicious is the money that she lent to her brother, did you verify if the nephew was really sick, how bad was he sick ,£30 000  is not a small amount, it's more that 300 000 dirhams!!

I just want to be fair, I won't tell you if the girl is a scam for sure, but those are the facts, it's up to you to link informations and to see the signs! there are always signs  that people don't pay attention to when they are in love!

It wasn't £30,000, but £300.

The signs that it's a scam, pure & simple, are already all obvious. I can see them from a mile off.

And the family can't be "so conservative" (so the hotel excuse is immediately thrown out the window), if they are allowing their daughter to marry a foreigner, that they don't know, and that she came across online.

ok my mistake!  still asking for money from a stranger who isn't her husband yet is obviously  suspicious, whatever the amount is!  so of course it's clair for this point !

I'm not defending anyone or giving excuses here , this is my opinion 
I have nothing to gain here finding excuses for anyone I just want to be fair for both

oh come on , can parents really control who their children are talking to online! of course not  but that's not the subject here!

I've already made it claire in my statement that if the guy didn't meet the family, well the parents, that is another story! then this is a scam for sure!

There wasn't a sick nephew. It's all garbage that she fed him, along with the "i love you", and other typical rubbish they feed foreigners which the gullible swallow and fall for hook, line & sinker. So the money was nothing other than the usual exploitation. Funny how shortly later when foreigners get involved with them, all of a sudden people are "ill" and need money, things need "repair" and all sorts of stuff! All those stuff happens only when a foreigners turns up! For the sake of everyone, guess it's better foreigners don't! Saves the foreigner money, and those people won't be "ill"!

While parents can't control who their child speaks to online, they certainly can control the relationship by giving her the go-ahead or not. After asking her about him, they will know she met him online. I don't know of a conservative family who lets their daughter marry the person she came across randomly on the internet.

I couldn't agree more to that! of course sickness is the best excuse people use when asking for money! the other person can't say no!  but please  people stop making it like the foreigners are some angels who are facing evil Moroccan girls ! 
You can never trust somebody you just met online and specially when she/ he asks you for money everyone has a brain come on!

No one said foreigners are angels, because they are not. This is a thread about marriage to a Moroccan. If a Moroccan was asking about marriage to a foreigner, I will give them relevant advice to the best of my knowledge. So I'm not targeting Moroccans. I simply reply specifically to the subject the thread starter is posting about, and remain on topic. Indeed some foreigners do take advantage of Moroccans, but that's off-topic.

Of course you can't trust someone you met online, especially when said person requests money from you when you're not married to them. And not only that, but leads you to splash out more money without making clear plans on how that shopping is related to the wedding/Moroccan traditions.

By the way, your English is really good, and you're clearly well-educated. Did you live in an English-speaking country or study the language?

Exactly I'm not saying otherwise ! I just don't like generalization, good and bad exist everywhere and in everyone!
People  should not trust people online wherever they are from and when money is involved then pay extra attention!
I only wanted  to highlight two points (that may had lead to confusion) about Moroccan weddings that can seem weird  for others but that's tradition!  The point of all the gifts and money are not only for showing off but it supposed to make the bride happy but also to make it easier for the separation with the parents.
but of course when things are done correctly and officially which is not the case for our brother apparently!
No, I've never been to an English speaking country, studied in Morocco as well.

No-one here generalized. No-one said don't marry a Moroccan. My response is only based on his story. He gave us the details, and quite clearly it's nothing but a scam. If he gave us something that sounded genuine, I'm sure we would of all wished him the best of luck. Unfortunately in this case, unless he wants us to lie to him, we can't.

I've said the same thing on other forums - about being careful and not to rush marriage with someone you found Online. What I really don't understand is this -  People normally take a long long time before they come to the decision to tie the knot. They are picky, and only choose someone they feel is Mr/Ms "Right" & is completely suitable for them. I don't know why they change that approach when it comes to Online relationships, and want to quickly get married. Why do they, offline, not get married quickly, but online, they want to quickly marry the person? You would imagine, it would be the other way round. I just don't get it. People would usually spend a lot of time in-person, before they marry them. Unlike long-distance relationship, where most it is via Skype and what have you. And yet they want to rush & marry them, when they haven't even went out together or been together that much. It's just odd.

According on wat u mentioned. I blv its a fake. Not true. So better to leace her away. Nd try to find some one moslim like u there. Where u live there r soo mny there
Ny way bro. Hope better 4u

Brother,

If u r muslim as u said, my only advise to u as ur sister, is to pray istikhara. Allah swt alone knows the answer and he'll show u the right way if u ask him through the istikhara prayer.

Each of us has been provided with something called a brain. It's there to be used. You don't pray to God asking for answers when a scam is obvious. You use your brain and... run!

The fact someone posts about this, means there is no trust. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that a relationship without 100% trust & confidence, has shaky foundations, and will lead to inevitable problems down the road.

Tasafout wrote:

Brother,

If u r muslim as u said, my only advise to u as ur sister, is to pray istikhara. Allah swt alone knows the answer and he'll show u the right way if u ask him through the istikhara prayer.

Sententious nonsense. Get advice, assess the situation and make a decision. It doesn't need prayer to an imaginary sky spirit to see that this is a scam.

I agree.

And Kallouma:

but please  people stop making it like the foreigners are some angels who are facing evil Moroccan girls

They are not angels, but one thing for sure is they are desperado's (some of them). It's the same with foreigners (some of them) who go to find girls in Eastern Europe, such as Ukraine, in Asia such as Thailand, and obviously in this case, Morocco. Lets face it, these beautiful young girls in these countries know that these men are only here because they are struggling to find a wife in their home-country. In their country, there is already plenty of single Eastern Europeans, Asians, Moroccans and so on. So in reality, there is never really a good reason to search abroad, when you can find them in front of you. The girls knows the guys are desperate, and takes advantage of them (some of them do) with the typical "i love you" rubbish which they probably haven't heard for centuries. Due to their lack of self-esteem, they want to believe it, and do. The foreigner (some of them) also takes advantage, because he gets to pick a beautiful girl that in other circumstances wouldn't marry him, so he is taking advantage of her financial situation and desire for a visa. So in conclusion, it's one desperate person taking advantage of & marrying another desperate person who is equally taking advantage. Unfortunately for the man, when the inevitable takes place, he comes off a lot worse. So yes they are not angels, but they are set to lose far more from it than the Moroccan girl.

behappy786 - Do you want to be happy? Clearly not if your comments are anything to go by.

P.S I've edited this comment to add "some of them" to avoid generalization and thus possibly breaking the forum rules. So to clarify, not all foreigners are desperate, and not all Moroccan girls are desperate. And neither do all take advantage. In general however, that's usually found to be case, which Behappy786 has discovered and posted about, yet for some reasons still continuing with the relationship.

Normally Moroccan people are good, there are good and bad as you can see anywhere in the globe. So have a visit and see what is her situation and her family.

Good luck !

hanlalakv wrote:

Normally Moroccan people are good, there are good and bad as you can see anywhere in the globe. So have a visit and see what is her situation and her family.

Good luck !

Of course there is good & bad everywhere, Mr. Obvious. But this is not a discussion about marriage to a Moroccan, but rather marriage to this specific person, whatever her name is, and based on his experience (which he described if you bothered to read it which I doubt you did), nothing good has came out of it, so it's not a good idea to see her again.

If you're going to advise someone, at least read his posts for a start.

Hi all,

We think everything has been said here.
Time to end this thread.

Regards
Armand
Expat.com Team

Closed