How to apply for brazilian visa

Dear Sir,
I am an indian and i am married with my brazilian wife through proxy marriage and i also  have my marriage certificate along with me . I don,t know about the further process of the visa . actually i want to live with my wife . . some of people told me that i can get only tourist visa but i think for  tourist visa i have to buy two sided tickets .i am totally confused don,t know what to do ? i don,t know how much money i have to show the embassy in my bank account ? please guide me all about this ....And also please suggest me the necessary documents from india for the visa ..
i shall be very thankful to you for all this ...

If your Marriage Certificate is not written in Portuguese then it must be translated into Portuguese by a notarized translator. Then your should apply for a VITUR Tourist Visa to Brazil at the Consulado-Geral do Brasil in Mumbai or New Delhi whichever has jurisdiction over your city. You do not need a return ticket back to India, only an outbound ticket from Brazil to some other country for which you have a visa or may enter under the Visa Waiver Program. If you can enter one of the neighboring South American countries then you can buy a bus ticket which will satisfy this requirement. It MUST be dated for the expiry date of your visa stay or earlier.

Make sure that you have ALL of the necessary documents ready for the application for permanency BEFORE you come to Brazil and then apply for permanency, registration and the Cédula de Identidade Estrangeiro (ID card) immediately upon arrival. If all the paperwork is present and in order then you are granted permanency immediately, your passport gets stamped to reflect that you're permanent and you only need to wait for the ID card to be produced. You then are able to obtain your work permit and get a job too.

For the documents necessary for the permanency process see the following posting. The second part of the list is the documents necessary for the VIPER Permanent Visa:

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=280525

For a full description of the new procedures for permanency applications see:

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=403321

For VITUR Tourist Visa requirements see the following link to the Consulado-Geral do Brasil in Mumbai:

http://mumbai.itamaraty.gov.br/en-us/tourist_visa_(vitur).xml

Cheers,
William James Woodward, Expat-blog Experts Team

Dear sir,

thank you so much for your kind support, my marriage certificate is in Portuguese the thing which i want to know is :- is it mandatory to register my marriage in India also ? if it is necessary then  tell me how to register the marriage in india ? should i go to Brazilian embassy to register the marriage or somewhere else ? and please also tell me is it necessary to show the bank balance ? and if yes then how much ?

waiting for your kind response ....

Any foreign marriage must be registered with the Consulado-Geral do Brasil. So if you married in India then it must be registered with the Consulado in Mumbai or New Delhi whichever has jurisdiction over the city where you live. If the marriage was here in Brazil (Casamento por Procuração - Proxy Marriage) then you do not need to do this step. You can simply go straight to the process of applying for a VIPER Permanent Visa based on marriage, at the Consulate.

Translated from Ministry of Justice website regarding permanency.

Permanent residency based on Brazilian Brazilian spouse or offspring

A foreigner married to a Brazilian, parent of a Brazilian offspring may seek permanent residency in Brazil under the terms of Article 75, paragraph II, of Law No. 6,815 / 80 c / ca Normative Resolution 108/14 of the National Immigration Council.

Requirements to stakeholders:

possess legal capacity under Brazilian law;
be married in fact and law with Brazilian spouse; or
having a Brazilian child under his guardianship and economic dependence.

Article 75, section II, paragraphs "a" and "b", of Law 6.815 / 80 states that will inexpulsável married in fact and law with Brazilian spouse abroad for more than five (5) years, as well as one that has Brazilian offspring under his guardianship and economic dependence.

The stay granted to an alien who has Brazilian offspring persist while the child is under the social economic dependency, moral and interested.

If the wedding or the birth of Brazilian offspring was performed abroad, their Certificates shall be transcribed in the 1st Civil Registry Office of the domicile of the couple under § 1, art. 32 of the Public Records Act - Law No. 6,015 / 73.

Documents necessary for the application based on marriage to a Brazilian:

Application, duly signed by the applicant;
authenticated, clear and complete copy of your passport (including blank leaves) or equivalent travel document;
certified copy of the marriage certificate;
certified copy of the Brazilian identity card of the spouse;
statement that they are not separated in fact or in law, signed by the couple, with notarized;
statement that was not prosecuted or convicted criminally in Brazil or abroad, and
proof of payment of the relevant fee.

Documents necessary for the application based on Brazilian offspring:

Application, duly signed by the applicant;
authenticated, clear and complete copy of your passport (including blank leaves) or equivalent travel document;
certified copy of the identity of the other parent of a Brazilian child;
certified copy of the birth certificate of offspring;
Statement that offspring lives under his guardianship and economic dependence, notarized;
certified copy of the final judgment in the action of food combined with regulatory visits, if the alien does not have custody of the child;
Statement that was not prosecuted or convicted criminally in Brazil or abroad, and
proof of payment of the relevant fee.

Note: Other documents may be required when deemed necessary.

Please note: All documents issued abroad must be legalized from the Brazilian consular authorities abroad, and translated by an official translator in Brazil, certified, or duly registered in the Commercial Registry.

Where to find the required forms:
The form can be found at the link (click here) or along one of the Department of Federal Police Units.

Rate value and place of payment
The fee relating to the order of stay shall be paid by the Union Collection Guide - GRU, which can be obtained through the link https://servicos.dpf.gov.br/gru/gru?nac=1&rec = 2 on the website of the Department of Federal Police.

The GRU can be paid at any bank, lottery shops, post offices and correspondent banks, subject to the criteria established for the receipt by these correspondents.

Channel service request user
Orders spent properly educated with the claim form and other documents must be presented to one of the Federal Police Department closer to the interested party, when he will be registered as Administrative Proceedings and will receive the number of Units residence protocol.

Please note: Upon delivery of documents relating to the solicitation of transformation seen in the units of the Federal Police Department, applicants will receive a protocol consisting your photograph and the case number, which will serve as proof of legality of his stay in the country, until the final decision on the application.

As the weather art. 102 of Law No. 6.815 / 80, it is mandatory that every foreigner who has pending request to communicate one of the units of the Federal Police, any change of residential address, which must be made thirty (30) days immediately following the change of address .

Channels available for monitoring the application
The monitoring of applications for residence can be accomplished through the Service Center of the National Secretariat of Justice, located on the Esplanade of Ministries, Ministry of Justice, Annex II - Ground Floor, Brasília / DF, e-mail: [email protected]. br; or online via the website: http://www.justica.gov.br/seus-direitos/estrangeiros/ in "Queries to Process" icon.

Decision Order
The output of the foreign national territory for a period not exceeding ninety days not affect processing or grant the application for stay, however, the protocol of the request does not guarantee a return to Brazil without obtaining a visa, if required.

- Deferral:

If the request for stay is GRANTED, within ninety (90) days from the date of publication of the grant in the Official Gazette, the applicant must attend the Department of Federal Police closer to his home unit, to perform the registration .

After this deadline and have not done the aforementioned procedure, please ask for republishing under Ordinance No. 3/2009 SNJ.

- Reconsideration and Dismissal:

If the application for stay has not been approved, the applicant has the non-extendable period of 15 (fifteen) days from the date of publication in the Official Gazette, to request reconsideration of the decision, as provided in Ordinance No. 3/2009 SNJ .

The request for reconsideration must be supported by facts and documents that could give rise to the modification of the decision and filed with the Department of Federal Police closer to the interested party or the Customer Service Center of the National Secretariat of Justice Unit residence.

Besides the documents that modify the denial decision, the request must be accompanied by proof of payment of fee, to be paid by the Union Collection Guide - GRU.

The GRU can be issued through the link https://servicos.dpf.gov.br/gru/gru?nac=1&rec=2, the electronic site of the Department of Federal Police, and the code of revenue relating to requests for reconsideration é140163.
Please help Google Translate improve quality for your language here.
Google Translate for Business:Translator ToolkitWebsite TranslatorGlobal Market Finder
Turn off instant translationAbout Google TranslateMobileCommunityPrivacyHelpSend feedback