Shea Butter

Does anybody know if Shea Butter is produced in Ethiopia. Read it is

I may be contacted on:

Dear Sir/Madam

Shea Butter tree is found in Ethiopia and I know the tree physically, but still no one is tried to produce the butter for cosmetics industries. rather the tree is now in danger because the so called investors are totally known the use of the tree so they are clearing the tree for annual crops ..surprising !! .If some one is interesting to do on Shea tree please contact me by the email

Soldmss: whatever your name.

Your answer bled my heart; investors clearing the land for crop farming. Where is it found in Ethiopia? Heard a Dutch guy is already developing/marketing it. Don't know how true this is. If you get any further info please dont hesitate fo contact me.
Best
Hussein Najee

It's really happening in Ethiopia. The availability of Shea Butter tree believed to be found only in western Africa . but is found in Ethiopia too. but either the local society nor the government doesn't know that has value in international market. I'm very saddest  when i observe clearing this tree , which takes more than 23 years to be productive. hence if you are looking for making a business, it's a great project and please I will be here in The Hague until mid December  any Dutch Business men can contact me and also use xxx for private message.

Solomon

Soldmss:
Do you know how far into the mountains it grows? I'm planning to move to the Andes of Peru, where the environment (besides altitude) would fit the shea tree pretty well. The city is roughly 2,500 meters above sea level.

shea butter is produced in ethiopia gambella by the community of gambella agnuwak women group traditionally.

shea butter is produced in ethiopia gambella by the community of gambella agnuwak women group traditionally.if you want to know the place where it exist and produced i can give you full information. ***

Moderated by Bhavna 6 years ago
Reason : Please exchange contact details through the private messaging system. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Seble:

Great to get your info after a long wait. Wrote my inquiry over 2 years ago. Yes, please send me the full info so that I go there when I visit Ethiopia next.

Pity it is not developed in Ethiopia. West Africa is a major exporter now.

Thanks once again and best.

great i will send you through your email and also for your information i am the  one who gave training to these commmunity on how to produce and income generation from their indogenous reesource.

hi, i wanted to know more about shea butter produced can u give me more info on that through my email ***

Reason : Please do not post your contact details on the forum. You should exchange them through the private messaging system.Thank you

Interesting statement that the tree is in dangerous due to investors!

Can you please give some more facts on this, due that it is a hard allegation which needs prove!

I am asking because

1. I am a Forestry Engineer!

2. I am a so called Investor!

The deforestation has many reasons, mostly even working in a combination and it is impossible to see the different reason as individual mechanisms.   

Your statement is very much emotional and is from my understanding giving a wrong picture! With out having a scientific work in hand, but with over 30 years experience on the ground in forestry the blame on the investors is covering the view on many other reason of the reducing population of this tree! The answer is to easy and hiding I believe the real problem behind it! We just need some one to blame!

1. Ethiopia has a livestock population which is by fare to high for the eco system in many regions, making natural regeneration of certain species nearly impossible (animal such as goat are very selective) Please have a look at Greece as a good example!

2.  Ethiopia has a large human population (still growing), demanding (I see very little efforts to even just discuss this issue in the public, seems a TABO)
a. construction timer
b. fire wood
c. furniture
d. open space for any agriculture, small and large scale
e. grassing land
f. urban space demand (roads)

Coming back to Sheba Butter and forestry.

Something which is valuable people have the strong tendency to take care of, we know this from our self, we take care about our mobile, our house, our car etc.  With forest it is the same, if forest gives a value and a benefit to people, they start to take care, meaning Investors could be a key for the protection of Sheba trees! If forest has no value, we just cut the trees!

So if we want this tree in Ethiopia to be real protected in its population, take the investors on board, create values but also look at the other problems such as livestock and human population grows and demand!

Oliver

PS. Yes I agree some investors do not show responseilety and can be part of the problem!

Alright. I will send you and you can call me also ***

Reason : Please do not post your contact details on the forum. You should exchange them through the private messaging system.Thank you

I am so sorry for your understanding about trees no one can survive without trees . They provide us oxygen they are medicine and etc... so dont tell us about Greece. Just observe your environment and you community to whom you belong.

Hello Seble,

I realy do not get you, and if you care for trees you should look at the history of Greece, by the way its even a own discipline at Universety so called "Forest History" and use  this knowledge for the good of the Ethiopian Forest! Because you will see that Greece low forest cover and the development we face in Ethiopia have a lot in common!

That we can not survive with out trees is clear (did not state any thing in this direction) as well I work daily in the environment and observation of natur is my daily bred.

Maybe I should make it more clear

1. before blaming a signle reason, look at the details and the multi factors having a impacts on deforstration. yes investors can have a impact, but do not ignore the other reason of deforestration!

2. Develop economic benefit for people and forest, which is the best protection (better then rules and regulation)

oliver

I am interested in Ethopian shea butter in bulk, please get in touch with me.

Sounds wonderful

:one

Please contact me if you have information about Shea Butter trees in Ethiopia, looking for large quantity of Shea Butter nuts.

What is its name in Amharic or other Ethiopian lannguages?

can you please send me your email? mine is ***

Moderated by Priscilla 3 years ago
Reason : please do not post your personal contact details on the forum for your own security

Hi, I am very much interested in investing the Shea trees, tell me more
Hiwot

Hello Madam, can you please let me know the exact location, where Shea tree is in Ethiopia

Hi Seble,

Interested to know more about shea butter.
Can you send me your contact details please.

I did know it exists here until this moment let alone produced in gambela what should we do?

Can anyone please tell me how to get the Shea butter from gambella? Please send me a private message on my profile. Thank you

Hi i know in Nigeria there is Sheabutter

@Seble Mamo how can get in touch with you

Hello Seble, do you use a WhatsApp or Telegram? If so send me your I can call you.

Hello Seble, do you use a WhatsApp or Telegram? If so send me your I can call you.
-@genetalene

Contact details are not allowed on the open forums so they should be shared only by private message.

However, I would urge caution and not give out personal information of any sort to random people on the internet.

@Seble Mamo i dont know of you will get this. But i would love to have their address to buy in bulk from the source. If you see this please contact me

@Seble Mamo

Dear Seble;

I am Adugna Nigatu from Bahir Dar. I am very interested to develop own skin care products from locally available resources. Among thus, shea butter is the potential resource for the development of such products. Surprisingly, I am verry sad due missinformed of the benefit and availablity of such resources before your post. Please give valuable information regarding on this and work together.

Hello everyone,

For those looking for a partnership, I invite you to post an advert in the Ethiopia classifieds section.

There is a dedicated category for business partners.1f60a.svg

All the best,

Cheryl,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

@Adugna Adu call me on***

Moderated by Bhavna last year
Reason : For security reasons, please share contact details through the private messaging system. Thank you