Qualification for applying engineering visa in oman

hi my name is sherin currently working in a company as QA QC Engineer in muscut.I completed my three year diploma in Mechanical Engineering in 2009,can i apply for engineer visa with diploma qalification

Answer to your question is "NO".

Self Sponsored visas dont work in Oman unlike UK, Australia etc. Your documents have to be processed by a firm in Oman and they in-turn have to approach the ministry with the profession classification, based on your certifications. Its a long and arduous process.

currently iam working in oman can i chane my visa to Engineer visa,i have 3 year diploma in mechanical enguneering

Like I said earlier, you can't do it on your own..... you have to approach your firm, they should have engineer's visa clearance from Ministry of Manpower. In order to have the clearance, your company has to satisfy the labour law requirements of employing certain no of Nationals and stuff.....

Check with your companies dept incharge / head / PRO etc, they should be able to give you a  clearer picture.

sherinshamel wrote:

currently iam working in oman can i chane my visa to Engineer visa,i have 3 year diploma in mechanical enguneering

Also, if I remember correctly, you need a Bachelors in Engineering to get an Engineering category in your profession, I remember getting all sorts of stamps on my BE certificate. Verify this with your firm.

sherinshamel wrote:

Without having an Engineering degree, how on the earth you feel you can obtain an Engineering visa ? Its the common sense that needs a little intervein here. Even if your company has a clearance, you cannot obtain an engineering status till you have a degree (Legally).

Can I obtain Engineer visa in Oman, I have 15 years of Civil Engineering experience with MSc Degree in Constriction Project Management at University?

judenperera wrote:

Can I obtain Engineer visa in Oman, I have 15 years of Civil Engineering experience with MSc Degree in Constriction Project Management at University?

Hi judenperera,

There is no such thing as an 'Engineer Visa'.

You only get an 'Employment Visa' and after you arrive in Oman and register yourself you will be given a 'Resident Card' in which your designation would be clearly mentioned - in Arabic though.

To be able to get an employment visa, you must get employed. So start looking for a job first.

Good luck.

Dear Mr. Sumitran,
Many thanks for your prompt reply. According to my job offers location, I have to work around Badr Al Samaa Hospital. Can you tell me the cost of living that place? I have to find an accommodation and meals.
Thanks for your great advises on this matter.
With Best Regards,

judenperera wrote:

Dear Mr. Sumitran,
Many thanks for your prompt reply. According to my job offers location, I have to work around Badr Al Samaa Hospital. Can you tell me the cost of living that place? I have to find an accommodation and meals.
Thanks for your great advises on this matter.
With Best Regards,

Hi judenperera,

There are branches of Badr Al Samaa all over town !

Irrespective of the location, as long as the location is within Muscat, the cost of living would not vary very much.

And if you read in the forum you will get a very good picture of the cost of living in Muscat.

Good luck.

Thanks Mr. Sumitran,
It is located in Al Khuwair.

Hi i am from India. I have applied an civil draftsman visa for oman.Can anyone please tell me how long will be the processing time