I.T Work in States

Hello everyone,

I've long wanted to move to the States, I've always loved the country and I've been a number of times. It would be an incredible opportunity to move over there but I know it's incredibly difficult to do so. I would need a sponsor from a potential employer to process a work visa so I could legally come over to work. Among other things, they would need to prove why the have to hire a foreigner for this position so I can imagine all the hoops and hurdles to overcome. But.. if an opportunity came my way I would go for it.

I'd like to know if anyone here or someone they know has moved to the States to work in an I.T job? The advantage I have is that certifications such as the Microsoft ones are valid all over the world. But working in 1st line support I don't think I'd be enough of a special case to warrant a potential employer's interest in sponsoring my visa. However, if few years down the line I advance my career as I intend to, could doors open up? San Francisco takes my fancy as does Seattle it has to be said.

Any and all ideas are welcome. :)

Welcome and good luck, hope you make it to SF.

Thank you  :). Hopefully someone has advice for me.