Urgent Question! should I accept a RM 18,000 PM offer in Kuala Lumpur

My current CTC in India is INR 24,00,000 per annum which turns to INR 200,000 per month. I am being offered RM 18,000 per month as salary in KL.

I have EMIs to the tune of 85,000 per month. I shall be living alone in KL. Would it be wise for me to accept this offer?

Also, what is the cost of living in KL and compared to Bangalore? I currently save close to INR 50,000 per month. Would I be able to save more in KL?

Thanks
Deepak

As per your current salary , you need more rm 3000-5000 per month in your salary . Cost of living 30% higher than Bangalore .

If you are coming here by yourself, then that is a fantastic package. And you will be able to save much more than 50k inr. Cost of living is higher than bangalore, but thats a good package.

It isn't fantastic. Min I would say and to those getting 5-8k just think how you are being cheated!

Firstly though of course this may be low for your skills. But as your Indian salary is 11k RM approx 18 k gross (= 14.5k after tax when resident) is prob same allowing for expenses. Kl is very expensive. Prob save the same as I suspect from your savings that you are not a 4 to a pokey little flat with bed bugs for friends kind of guy.

Basically you could try to negotiate up a little and make sure you get good medical. If you live an ok lifestyle you will spend 8-10k a month and save the rest from 14.5k. Many could spend all of that easily if you like to party, travel and a few luxuries. So not a big salary but what I consider normal starting salary for an expat. Couples often fair better as if both earn 20k plus you can save one salary and singles often party more. I used to do IT recruitment once upon a time when 20k was considered low for any type of IT professional role for expats. (including Indians). But such is supply and demand.

Obviously considerations like is it good for your career - experience and international exposure being valuable - have to be considered.

Why not?