Best area to buy an apartment in Valencia + getting there from Dublin?

Hi

My name is terry and I live in Dublin. I am considering buying an apartment and recently stayed in Javea and Albir to see if I could find one. Both towns are really very nice however I now think I would prefer to be in a city. Valencia looks  beautiful and I hope to travel over in the new year to have a look around. I would appreciate any advice or suggestions as to what areas within the city are recommended for an apartment purchase and also the best way to get to Valencia from Dublin in January as there are no direct flights and also any

HelloTerry109 and welcome to Expat.com :)

To increase visibility on your post, please note that a new thread has been created from the latter on the Valencia Forum.

Hope that some people will be able to give you some tips soon.

These websites may help you find nice apartment :
idealista.com
- fotocasa.es
- enalquiler.es
www.bedycasa.com

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com Team

Terry my advice would be to do as you suggested come over and take a look around. However more importantly my advice would be not to buy straight away it is best to rent and take a look around. As once you have bought it is really hard to sell and once here you can quickly discover you prefer once place to another and wish you had the freedom to move. Alicante has a bus station and you can go to valencia by bus probably  takes a couple of hrs

Always rent first there is a bus from Alicante to Valencia cost 16euros one way takes 1hour 45mins lovely city

Hi Terry
We have just bought a property through a great realtor a British woman who has lived and been in property for over 20years and also has reasonable priced rental properties so am sure she can  help you. You can either email me or contact her direct on [email protected] her name is Mandy Commins
Good luck

Karen

Hi everyone,

@ Karen, could you please recommend your contact in the Real estate in Valencia section of the business directory ?

This will surely benefit members who are looking for a reliable professional and who might not have seen this thread.

All the best,
Bhavna

Hello Terry

I am doing a reply this way as it is difficult to remember what your message is

I think you need to ask (by the looks of your message) whether you want to be with English people or real Spanish people !!!
My name is terry and I live in Dublin. I am considering buying an apartment and recently stayed in Javea and Albir to see if I could find one. Both towns are really very niceAs we have found there is not much to do there in Albir but Javea there is not so much as much to do as its still a small place, we go there every Friday or did do until we got bored with it all) We would go there for a walk now!!!

however I now think I would prefer to be in a city. Valencia looks  beautiful Yes Valencia is beautiful, and you can get around, most people speak a little English, I know I would choose Valencia any day.  There are a number of English schools teaching Spanish. And if you get into the way of keeping a diary when there are things going on you have them for the following year) Sorry, its a bit late to answer your question but if you let me know whether you are now in Valencia, which I hope you are you can tell me how you got on.and I hope to travel over in the new year to have a look around. I would appreciate any advice or suggestions as to what areas within the city are recommended for an apartment purchase and also the best way to get to Valencia from Dublin in January as there are no direct flights and also any. 

No idea how to get from Dublin to Valencia, if you get to Valencia airport there are good trains into the city and beyond - thats one thing here, trains are brilliant. We often go to Valencia on the train but depends on which part of Valencia you want to go to, I can't walk so far so its good for me

There are so many areas of Valencia that are nice, but el Carmen, I wouldn't touch - its nice to go around as a tourist but not to live.  And just because its old and quaint, don't be pushed. I would have thought renting is the best, although you then have two lots of removals if you then want to buy.   Some blocks of flats don't have management charges either!!!!

Albit and Javea would be too quiet for me and I'm in my 70s.   We live in Gandia and we have the best of both worlds, 40 minutes each way and thats not breaking the speed limit lol.   This means we can go to Valencia, Alicante, and Benidorm for days away but don't think you are an old fogey like us..... What I'm trying to say there are lots going on. Costa Blanca News is good to read, but online, it doesn't have all the newspaper (perhaps a good thing) There are other newspapers The Post, Euro Weekly, but Levante tells you whats happening too.   By now as I said, I do a diary and now its full for weekends, also if you subscribe to Tourist Info Valencia/Benidorm/Alicante they cover a lot of places with things going on.

if i can help please contact me.... Anne

Hi Terry!

Valencia is a very good choice! I will agry with Barnie on this :) There is a very nice article about neighbourhoods in Valencia as well some aditional information about renting:
http://movingtovalencia.lbiz.es/how-to- … -valencia/
I hope that helps someone.

whats the word "agny" - hope you are not teaching English, your message doesnt make sense and how do we know whether he is in Dublin or Valencia, the date of the message is 2014!!!!

Hi Terry,

If you are looking for a property in Spain but do not know exactly in which place to live, you should contact this agency:
ready4spain.com

I know that they speak English and are expert in the area of the costa blanca and costa calida. I hope this can help, Melissa