Info travel from philippines to ecuador- transit via amsterdam

Hi Im new here! Hope you can give me more info.. Im travelling from philippines to ecuador and would like to know if anyone here has experienced travelling to ecuador as well.. I know its visa free for up to 90 days however is it really essential to have bank statement and a return ticket? As for me i didnt booked a roundtrip flight else a separate return flight since i want to be there first and then decide if i wanted to stay there for 2 weeks else a month or so.. 😔😔😔

Hi! Welcome on Expat.com.
I know your concern when travelling to a country and your not sure
If 2 weeks is enough or month. In this case it would be better to
Buy a ticket at a travel agency with a open return ticket, you pay
A bit more but it gives you the flexibility to change your travelling date
If you decide to change your mind. Good luck!

Ecuador will want proof of an exit ticket, but it could also be cheap, such as to Peru.  You can get your visa extended up to 180 days, and if you decide to stay once you start the resident visa process you will be good to go.  I would advise going on the Ecuador forum if you are thinking about relocating to Ecuador, for it can be a long process with much paperwork required.

Hi geminiandleo,

I have moved your topic on the Ecuador forum for more visibility. :)

Thanks

Priscilla

geminiandleo wrote:

Im travelling from philippines to ecuador...i didnt book a roundtrip flight else a separate return flight since i want to be there first and then decide if i wanted to stay there for 2 weeks else a month or so..

If you look presentable, have the cash to buy a bus ticket to, say, Peru, and don't appear to be a threat to yourself or anyone else....I wouldn't worry about this.  If the EC authorities or an airline were enforcing such rules by, for example, sending travelers back to Manila, folks on this blog would know about it. 

cccmedia, Quito, EC

I bought (online) a bus ticket from whatever town is southernmost in Ecuador to someplace in the north of Peru. Cost me like forty bucks.

Nobody asked to see it.