Property purchase in Turkey and Residence visa

Dear all,

I heard that if someone buy property in turkey can fetch residence visa..  also heard there is no minimum price required.. One must apply for residence visa of 1 year with the property papers....
Any idea is there any good property agent and property lawyer who can assist for buying original and legal property in Turkey? reasonable lawyers!!

Any idea how much is the Property transfer fees and is there any property tax??

Can we do work while we have residence permit??

nothing

arista82 wrote:

nothing

If you have no information to add about the subject, which is property purchase in Turkey and Residence Visa then do not bother posting anything else. Thank you

No you cannot work with a residence permit. You must have a work permit.

Go online and check out the latest laws re residence permits, as this has recently been changed.

Make sure to use an avukat  (lawyer)when buying a proerty. It is best to use one recommended by someone who has successfully used them.

These are just the ideas (residance permit with a working permission for a foreigner property owners)
Information was published around 2 months ago, but we used that in Turkey law changes takes a time
We do hope (i am Polish) that such regullations will turn into reality, and of course as a licenced real estator (from 2007) and a sworn translator (polish-turkish) I do await this.
Regarding to buying the property: as a turkish property law has very different regullations you do need to make a paperwork trough a good RE Agent (experienced+speaking fluent english+with a good references)
I know it is easy to tell,  harder to do but what I can tell?

Moderated by Priscilla 7 years ago
Reason : No free ads here please + please register in the business directory
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct
Moderated by Priscilla 7 years ago
Reason : no free ads here please + register in the business directory
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

ok good news. explain it plz

@Arista82 are u refering  to  my post. If u hv questions  pls pm thanks

[Moderated: No free ad on the forum]

Hi if you are still interested I have property to sell not from agency from owner thank you

Update 2015:

A non-resident residence permit can be applied in any Turkish consulate / embassy abroad or at the local foreigners department police station.

If applied within Turkey, you must apply for a residence permit to authorities before your touristic e-Visa expires.

During the issue of a turkish residence permit or renewal, the first thing the government looks at is the purpose of the residence permit.

During ones application there are small fees and taxes to be paid, and is not free to obtain.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are 4 type of purposes to be able to request a residence permit, (1) touristic, (2) work (3) education, (4) purchase of real estate.The type of resident permit: 1-3 are short-term and 4 is a long-term permit.

(1) A residence permit for touristic purpose: is issued with a rental contract, it can be upto 3, 6, 12 months, but no guarantee is given to extend after expiration. You may get upto a 1 year issued the first time, and during renewal it could be and 6 months, and maybe not issued 3rd time.

(2) A residence permit for work purpose: is issued with a rental contract, it can be upto 3, 6, 12 months, but no guarantee is given to extend after expiration. You may get upto a 1 year issued the first time, and during renewal it could be and 6 months and maybe no 3rd time.  Should you stop working denial to renewal is definate.

(3) A residence permit for education purpose: is issued with a rental contract, it can be upto 3, 6, 12 months, but no guarantee is given to extend after expiration. You may get upto a 1 year issued the first time, and during renewal it could be and 6 months and maybe no 3rd time.  Should you stop education or complete denial to renewal is definate.

(4) A residence permit for purchase of real estate purpose: is issued with real estate ownership (tapu), it is issued for 12 months each time, and guaranteed to renew after expiration. Each year the real estate (tapu) stays in your name it is renered per 12 months automatically. This is a long-term residence permit. In the event that you obtain it consequtive 5 years in a row (without missing a year) you are entitled the right to apply for turkish citizenship.

http://www.turkeycentral.com/uploads/36d1039e642c9a999b9f5d954568d89a.png

You can buy direct  from government without any extra fees website xxx they  sell sq meter for 1500 dollar while private companies sell for 5000 dollars.

@siwmman looks like the website you mentioned is not government owned, so the info is kind of misleading ?

This add was placed in reputable TV channel if you are in Istanbul try to check it  and please give me your feet back. they sell for foreigners by installement. They said 5000 dollars first deposite. I hope that are sincere.

We called them just now.  I will find there number..they will pick u up to show you projects 2 plus one is 150000 dollars call them and they will give I all details.

Hi Swimman...

Reminding again, the website is not owned by govt.
Also, regardless of govt issued or otherwise, advertising is not allowed on Forum.

Thx
Z

I'm not advertising at just helping.because I myself is looking for one and I came across those people after  I listened to advertisment on TV

Yes, we do understand you are trying to help. However, according to the Forum Rules it would be best to post in directory section.

Also keep in mind that the said query concerned website/business involves heavy legalities and legal responsibilities.

Thank you for understanding
Z

You will find a lot of properties for sale in Turkey by looking into legitimate property listing websites.

All of the properties they feature have legal documents so you are sure that it isn't a scam. There are also companies that cater specifically to non-Turkish nationals, take advantage of such services.

On second observation!! Anything goes! So, no worries!

Xeeschan wrote:

Yes, we do understand you are trying to help. However, according to the Forum Rules it would be best to post in directory section.

Also keep in mind that the said query concerned website/business involves heavy legalities and legal responsibilities.

Thank you for understanding
Z

Hi,

You do not need to have a limit to purchase a property in Turkey. In cases of puchasing for a company, you will need an invoice, which will cost you a VAT of 18%. In case of purhase for individuals, there is no VAT and the price shown at the registry office is not shown as real price. This is a common practise in Turkey.

If you need to puchase a house, you can contact us, we deal with selling properties at any area.

Best regards,

Hi, I noticed your post was written in 2015. Do you know if the rules regarding residency via the homeowner route has changed in 2018, in particular in Istanbul?
- What are the basic requirements for the applicant? Any disqualify factors?
- Is there a minimum price for the home?
- Must you live in it or can you rent it out?
- If yes, can you buy a place in one province and live in a rental in another province?
- The homeowner residence permit is based on the tapu (deed) of the purchased home. Do you need to do anything to legally live in another province when the residency was issued in the province of the purchased property?
- If I subsequently get hired for a job by a Turkish company, will I then get a separate work permit? Does that replace my homeowner residence permit the way it does the tourist residence permit? If so, what happens if I quit or let go from the job? Do I automatically resume my homeowner residence permit status or do I start from zero again?