Palawan and Mindoro

I have long been fascinated with both Palawan and Mindoro...in the Philippines.  I have been to Palawan but not (yet) to Mindoro.  More specifically, I'm interested in learning more about the indigenous people..and pretty much anything of interest about those two regions.

A bit of a background about myself...I grew up in the Manila area, studied at Don Bosco in Mandaluyong...and San Beda.  Did my undergraduate studies in Cultural Anthropology at Cal State University, Los Angeles (California) and graduate studies at Central Michigan University.   I have been back in the Philippines a few times during my assignments in Korea and Japan.  I also lived and worked in France, Germany and The Netherlands.  I was in the Intelligence field during my tour in the U.S. Army and proficient in French, Spanish and Tagalog.  I was once quite fluent in Chinese-Mandarin...but due to lack of use, I am not as fluent as with the other languages mentioned.  By the way, I studied Baybayin script...and read and write...well, passably.  I understand some of the Mangyans of Mindoro still write in Baybayin.

That's it for now.  I hope and look forward to hearing from someone (or more) from either or both of those places.
Frederic S.

I have been to Palawan and Mindoro; they are equally beautiful; but if you are into motorcycle, Mindoro is the place for you