How to show proof of income?

I work as a sale's rep for a moving company.  I work from home with a Vonage account.  I can work from anywhere in the world with an internet connection.  I make a descent living. Enough to show an income of more than $500 a month.  From what I have read in order to obtain residency I have to show an income of $500 or greater.  I can make an average of $2000 from my home anywhere in the world.  My question is how can I show this income in Uruguay?  Is something in writing from my boss enough proof?  Or do I have to show them my income tax as well?  I am trying to find out if there is anyway of showing proof of income without an income tax form.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can give me some advice.

Welcome to the forum tryingtomakeit :)

I hope members from Uruguay will advise you accordingly by contributing to your discussion!

Best Regards!

The way it works is that you document your income to the satisfaction of an escribano (something like a notary), who then writes a letter for Immigration.  There are various ways of documenting your income, and different escribanos have different requirements.  Then Immigration may or may not accept the escribano's letter, so it helps to choose an escribano who is experienced with writing letters for this purpose so you don't have to keep going back and forth until they get it right. 

I haven't heard of anyone using a tax form to demonstrate their income, but I suppose it might be possible. 

The best thing is to start working with an attorney or an immigration consultant, who can answer your questions and give you guidance according to your particular situation. 

Shirley

Thank you very much Shirley appreciate the advice.