Schools in Stuttgart

I would be moving to stuttgart this september with my family.My Daughter is 2 yrs and we want to enroll her is play-school where medium of instruction is English.Can any one let me know
1) When do schools open in Stuttgart I mean academic year?
2) Is my daughter eligible for same?
3) Can anyone suggest me good playgroups?

Hi paragwajpe,

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

I have introduced your topic as a new thread on the Stuttgart forum for better visibility. I hope other members will be able to advise you.

daz.org/Playgroups.html

But you should seriously consider sending your girl to a German or at least bilingual playschool, as she's in the best age to learn a second language and would have a much better chance to find friends in the neighbourhood.
(In addition, such schools are easier to find and much cheaper.)

If you want that, we could introduce her to my also 2-year-old daughter once she joins me here (Nov./Dec. this year). Ours learns Chinese, English and German and is still a happy child.

Hello paragwajpe,

To be able to go to the Kindergarten in Germany your daughter must be 3 years old.  There are a few options for younger children, but not so many in English.  I know Little Giants have a preschool as well as a Kindergarten, so you may want to have a look at their website. 
My 4.5 year old daughter goes to International School Stuttgart and she (and we as her parents) likes it a lot.  I do however wish I had sent her to a German Kindergarten at the beginning because now she doesn't speak or understand much German and it's hard for her to make friends outside her school.  With that said, I am looking for a German Kindergarten for my 2.5 year old son...
As for playgroups, there is English Speaking playgroup in Vaihingen, and Mothers' Corner at the International Womens Club.  There is also an English library which has some nice activities for little ones.
I would also like to mention that I am starting a music class for small children called Music Together in Stuttgart in a couple of weeks.  There will be a free demonstration session this Saturday at 10.30 am.  If you are not familiar with the program have a look at their website musictogether.com  If it's something you are interested in, shoot me an e-mail [email protected]  I am offering classes Tuesday morning at 10.30, Tuesday afternoon at 16.30, and Saturday morning at 10.30.

We are moving  from USA  to Stuttgart and  we want to get estimated costs  for ISS International School of Stuttgart.
We have  two girls 9 years old. (twins)

Any recomendation is much appreciated.

Thank you.

Armentaeric wrote:

We are moving  from USA  to Stuttgart and  we want to get estimated costs  for ISS International School of Stuttgart.
We have  two girls 9 years old. (twins)

Any recomendation is much appreciated.

Thank you.

Checking their webpage (which you can find with Google) is probably the best method.