Spanish Driving Licence Renewal

Just thought I would share my experience today of renewing my Spanish driving licence.
Having received a reminder from my local Centro – medico Psicotecnico I went this afternoon for my appointment saw a doctor (few basic questions on my health and an eye test) and then the reactions test using an electronic gizmo I was declared fit to continue driving.
The receptionist took my picture digitally and I asked them to process the renewal (saving me a trip to Alicante trafico office) so now 64,90€ lighter I await my new DL arriving via the post and should this not happen before my March expiry date I have a receipt from the centre to cover me.
AS this was a renewal at a centre I had used before I did not need any papers except my exisiting DL.
The new DL will last until I am 65 and so I will get 8 years out of it. Which is better than the current 5 I had on my current DL.
The DGT link for the centres is here
http://www.dgt.es/portal/es/oficina_vir … solicitar?

Thanks for sharing Rob ;)

My new Spanish DL arrived today and is valid for 10 years (the last one was only 5) so it only took 21 days - not bad given Xmas/NY holidays.

HI Rob
I am about to renew my Spanish  licence and live in Catral.
I was wondering which Centro Medico you went to for what sounds like a great service. Could you let me know? Thanks

Having looked at your website I am looking forward to reading some of your work.

Mike

Hi Mike - there are 3 in Torrevieja. I used the one at Calle Caballero de Rodas, 38 (it runs parallel with Ramon Galud) the two 'big' roads running through the town. You will need an appointment (they are only open afternoons, which I think is fairly typical) Tel 965 71 38 58
You will need your residencia and passport and money!

Yes I publish a selection of articles and have an eBook - Spain Exposed.

Good luck - it is all fairly easy now and of course no need to visit trafico for renewals.

Hello,    can anyone give directions to the driving licence renewal centre in Catral?      thanks for any help.     ray-pc