Qatar Gulf Construction and Engineering LLC.

Does anyone know about this company (Qatar Gulf Construction and Engineering LLC.)
How do you find about them in Qatar, ?

I have got an offer from them lately, and I could not find any information about the company on google. Does anyone living in Qatar have heard about this company?
Thank you

After doing a small research I got this website which is under education domain. Please check this link and confirm with the concern person, details mentioned Qatar Gulf Construction and Engineering LLC  even you can register the domain @engineering.com and get one email address. Confirm first what is the consort website you are using?
From my end the company name  didn't match with the website.

yes.. not so good.. try to avoid it and avoid UCC company too

Hi Guys,

I'm glad I came across this chat as I've just been given a contract for this company and told to contact a travel consultant, Transcend, in Doha to pay them US$1,050 for the travel and work visa.

Looks too good to be true.

However, I'm a Chartered /Professional engineer, MSc in civil engineering and have 25 plus years experience in road design/build, stormwater design/build and structures, the same looking to get a position in Doha. If you can direct me accordingly, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,

Peter

Hello Peter and welcome to Expat.com

I suggest you place an advert in our section Construction and Civil engineering jobs in Qatar so as to increase your chance to find an employment in that field.

Regards
Kenjee

Thanks Kenjee  :)

Yow Peter.. Cool name. hehehehehe

Hi Raposa,

Bad experience as well?

Cheers,

Peter

Raposa wrote:

Yes PLEASE,PLEASE......do not  ever work with UCC Urbacon Trading & Contracting Company.

Could you please explain why not so that other members can have the information. Thanks.

people keep telling me this UCC is good company but i guess is wrong listen from person who actually work on it

HI Peter , And i got an offer through them and they already sent me the invitation letter to process with the visa through the same company , I didnt send them money yet ? What happened with your visa , did you receive it ? And what was the position you applied for ?

Thanks Hussam

Hello all ,

Could you please help me to check the following ?

----------------------------------------------------------------
Mr. Ahmed Abdul,
Controller,Human Resources Administrator.
Almuftah Building Al Sadd - P O Box 29 875, Doha, Qatar
------------------------------------------------------------------
Company Names: Transcent Consultants
E-Mail:  ([email protected])
Address: PO Box: 37853, Doha, Qatar.
Tel/Fax:(+974)45760000,
Contact Person: Mr Mohammed Hassan
Designation: HEAD OF VISA/PERMITS OPERATIONS.

why to avoid UCC? thanks!

thanks

Hi Hussam,

I checked with the Qatari consulate in Sydney and they warned me off. No legitimate company would ask you to pay for a visa. The position I apparently was offered was for a civil engineer. Sounded good all the way until I got suspicious.

A real pity there are companies out there praying on the unwary. I am still looking for a contract position in Qatar.

Job searchers beware!

Hope this helps?

Cheers,

Peter

Thanks Jammallillin. Wow, easier than saying your name ( a tongue twister for this westerner).

Cheers,

Peter

Just curious - what happened in the end?  I have heard of the visa scam - a woman on here said her mother had been asked to pay for a visa - sent money and was asked for more - it was to work as a teacher - except the school she had been 'appointed' to doesn't take money for visas!  It was a case of pay and we will refund you when you arrive - SCAM.

Hi KiwiRee,

After reporting it to the Qatar embassy in Sydney I never heard any more from them....but, another company popped its head up with the same scam. Shame on them for preying on the vulnerable. Just didn't respond because no legitimate would ask you to pay for a visa.

I continue to look however, along with thousands of others. in the end it comes down to who you know (contacts).

Cheers,

Peter

I wonder how many people out there do fall for it though! :(

Like someone else said there's heaps of construction going on in Qatar - (also all the gas companies).  Good luck

The sector of construction companies expanding in the place like Dubai is rapidly increasing and so is increasing the area of job opportunities for people across the globe. Many of the such companies like mfar.com/news.html have been provided great jobs to the people.

Thanks Frances. Still trying

After doing a small research I got this website which is under education domain. Please check this link and confirm with the concern person, details mentioned Qatar Gulf Construction and Engineering LLC  even you can register the domain @engineering.com and get one email address. Confirm first what is the consort website you are using?
From my end the company name  didn't match with the website.

Hussammuw wrote:

Hello all ,

Could you please help me to check the following ?

----------------------------------------------------------------
Mr. Ahmed Abdul,
Controller,Human Resources Administrator.
Almuftah Building Al Sadd - P O Box 29 875, Doha, Qatar
------------------------------------------------------------------
Company Names: Transcent Consultants
E-Mail:  ([email protected])
Address: PO Box: 37853, Doha, Qatar.
Tel/Fax:(+974)45760000,
Contact Person: Mr Mohammed Hassan
Designation: HEAD OF VISA/PERMITS OPERATIONS.

This is a scam. Don't participate.