Want to live with girlfriend in ukraine

Hi,I'm wanting to come and live with my girlfriend who lives in Molodogvardeysk how can I get around the 90 day stay that is in place,do I have to do border runs,thanks can anyone advise. Robin

Robin! if you are a citizen of EU or USA you don't need a visa and you can stay up to 90days
More info
kiev.info/visa/index.htm
tryukraine.com/info/visas.shtml

Irena ;)

Robin,
download visa forms from ukremb.org and apply for a 6 month visa, when you are here apply for permanent residence. You need a visa to this. Or go home after 6 months and get a new visa, you will feel the need for som civilisation and a decent beer by then.
Chris

Thanks Chris,
                   I was under the impression that you
Cat get residency unless you are famous ,do I
Download now and get the visa before going
Over there,thanks for your very welcomed help
Just one more question where do I send the visa
Form too.

Robin

Google ukrainian embassy london

address is something like ukremb

you can change it into english at the top of the page.

Go to the consul visa section it will tell you all you need to know.
You need the visa in your passport, before you fly or drive over here.

You cannot get an extension or start the residence process without the visa stamp first..

Don't save money by getting a single entry, buy a double or multiple entry. YOU WILL WANT TO RETURN TO THE U.K. if only for medication, decent clothes at a sensible price, or anything of quality at a decent price..

Have you thought this through, do you really want to live here. I myself am returning as I see Ukraine going backwards not forwards.

I will help all I can if you wish to contact on   [email protected]

regards

Chris

you need visa to stay in Ukraine for 90 days. Go on with visa procedures.

Sorry to disagree with the previous post,

From U.K. and other countries

Visa Free for 90 days, no return for 90 days

With Visa you still have to leave after aftyer 90 days, this is a recent introduction, but I experienced it when trying to leave Simferopol by plane. My visa still had 2 weeks of the 6 months left to run, but was interviewed and told I had overstayed, much form filling, and mt 2 week return to uk ended up 8 weeks before I am allowed home again. This is not a problem if you are a regular tourist.I am now no longer putting off getting my permanent residence, so I can stay 1 more summer before leaving for good

Life is a dream.we will end the life with the best names.we dont  west the time meaningless.now life of men is being a business but nature life donot know huge mens.i feel in the world is containing many country but all mens are same habits.i like to see the best friends and best place in the world

Such a negative attitude. Ukraine is what it is ... no more and no less. I live here part-time for business reasons. We export Ukrainian vodka to the States. My business partner is from London, and you sir, are nothing like him. You are arrogant, condescending, and self-centered. I never understood why my Ukrainian friends despise the Brits. From your posts, I can see why. It has been some time since I did my undergraduate work at LSE, London School of Economics, but I do get over to London regularly. When you return to the UK, you will find your country nothing like what you preach. There is one thing I already like about you, your absence ... when do you leave? Incidentally, consider the gauntlet thrown!

hi Robin

Did you get your visa problem sorted out.

do you now live in Ukraine.

I visit Lugansk in 39 days,  and stay for 2 weeks,  and move to Ukraine permanently in December.

I Got around the visa problem,  I get married on july 4th.

There seems to be a lot of discussion and confusion concerning D Visas. I can only answer for USA Citizens. My wife and I just returned today from a holiday in Krakow, Poland. Out of curiosity, we visited the Ukrainian Consulate for an update on current rulings. The price for US Citizens is $230. There is also a $90 fee for insurance. The visa is issued the same day. From date of issue, the visa holder has 45 days to return to Ukraine, register with the local OVIR office and file for permanent residence status. I hope this clears up any issues and questions.

On a humerous note, with Prince Charles' recent statements concerning President Putin, I think the high costs of visas for anyone from the UK will go down ... ))))

Hello
I am overstaying in ukraine and doing border runs, Can someone advise is there a better way of staying here long term
I have so far overstayed few times, pay on border some bride- Odessa
Any advice would be good

What about running on 2 passports, do they check?

Hello
       There are a couple of ways too stay as long as you want to in Ukraine.

1. Get married in Ukraine and then apply to be come a Ukraine Citizen. You need to give up your Passport, you can not have a duel citizenship. You also need to have a guaranteed income, they will check as they have with me as I have inquired into this and have lived in Kyiv for a lot of years.
2. This is a better way since you are not married. Just go to a US Embassy outside of Ukraine and apply to stay long term, you can stay for a year at a time with out paying to leave the country. It takes a few weeks to get the visa to stay. You can not do it in Ukraine it has to be done in a country other than Ukraine...
3. Then there is this .....Just stay and never leave.. I know of one person that has done this and they live very well.

What ever happened
Ukraine still great city to visit and do business in or ex

by the way Ukraine is not a city, its a country