Wages in malta in care sector

hi,   anyone know what the avarage wage is in care   my wife has been offered ajob  in a care home for the elderly in mosta includes training and part time work untill trained'   thanks dave

Hi dave birdmal,

My wife also works as a care assistant and when she started working as a part-timer back in June 2013, she was getting paid about 4.55 per hour. She now works as full timer and she's on a annual salary, so, not sure exactly how much it comes up per hour but it should be a bit more then initially.

Hope it helps!
Antonio

Hi Antonio
     Thank you for your reply. It helps a little. I have read other blogs and they say that salaries are around 15,000 per anam.
  Thanks
Dave birdmal

maltablues9 wrote:

Hi Antonio
     Thank you for your reply. It helps a little. I have read other blogs and they say that salaries are around 15,000 per anam.
  Thanks
Dave birdmal

I find that highly surprising for care workers, qualified nurses maybe, just, if not less?!

coxf0001 wrote:
maltablues9 wrote:

Hi Antonio
  Thanks
Dave birdmal

I find that highly surprising for care workers, qualified nurses maybe, just, if not less?!

Yeah, I have agreed with you! My wife is not a fully qualified care yet and she earns much less than that. I'd also say that's more like a nurse's salary.

Hi , yeah I would have to agree with the previous posts regarding wages.
I was getting a little over €18,000 plus Sunday enhancements but that's a Registered Nurse's rate. The Care assistants working with us were getting about half that.
I would be amazed if a carer found a job paying anywhere near €15,000 !!!
The wages are shocking for health professionals and carers in malta , hence why we're now back in the UK earning a proper salary !!!

thanks gbs14 for the info, wife gets 4euros14 will increase ivq is complete all the best dave

It seems to me in Malta doing any jobs if one earns more than €1000 per month they're probably doing better than at least 75% of the population.

Bingo !

THat's the Maltese model of doing business ............. but you get the sun for free , low taxes ( if you declare) and a few other perks -))))

Cheers
Ricky

Which is why many here have two jobs or more. They have to.

Hy, anyone know what the avarage wage is in medical laboratory technician, privat and gov.?
Thanks ;)