If you own lots at a develpment in honduras how do you sell?

if you have purchased a lot in a development and you have changed your mind, what is the best way to sell it?  do you have to sell it back to the developer or can you sell it online somewhere?  I have noticed that there is no private sales of these properties anywhere but I didn't check kijiji yet.  Is there some clause in the contract that you have to give it back to the developer.  what if your lot is closest to the beach and is a prime lot that everybody wants? Could a guy flip it to make a fast buck I would think people would give you say $10,000 extra to have the good spot at a development.  just asking for a friend that wants out and a little money for his trouble.

Most "developments" have something stating who can sell or not along with who can build. I think this is a good thing for the developers. This also Can be a great thing for the property owners. Especially if in Central or South America.
Developer want things to carry forward as smoothly as possible. So, usually they are willing to try to sell your property swiftly.

LCBC  for example had it's "investor" lots that are direct beachfront where the developer does not want to build and for the simple reason of giving the choice for the property owners to sit on the land as long as they want and to sell to whomever they want. Of course could assist in selling too.

If for some reason the developer has in a contract that they are the only once to build or sell, you could always try to negotiate these.

I would assume these developers are leaving these sold lots that people want to sell and are selling the remaining junky lots before selling the resell lots to collect monthly fees.  I am looking for beachfront and they are all sold in these gated communities.  All that is left is the bones and feathers.  And the new phases they have uped the prices.  I guess a guy should jump in with both feet and grab what he can.

9 years ago you could buy 300 feet of direct beachfront property in La Ceiba for $15,000.00 USD all day long. Back then $10,000.00 - $12,000.00 was the norm. That $15K was on the high side……

The prices are going up. You just need to know where and the time.

honduraschris wrote:

9 years ago you could buy 300 feet of direct beachfront property in La Ceiba for $15,000.00 USD all day long. Back then $10,000.00 - $12,000.00 was the norm. That $15K was on the high side……

The prices are going up. You just need to know where and the time.

What are the subdividing costs?  Or can you just do what you want with it?  I know in Canada the government screws you so bad on the subdividing and capital gains its not even worth it.  Unless you do a huge piece of land and can get $300,000 a lot.

Much much easier in Honduras.

If you have a property and take a "sliver" of it off to sell... It's as easy as the city going to property and closing on the new "sliver" (lot).

Chris,

what are the restrictions about purchasing property through a foreign company. I don't have a lot of capital but my "inc" in canada does. Can I buy a property straight up? Or do I need to get a lawyer in honduras and create another company and funnel funds from canada to honduras and then buy it?

If I were you, start a Honduran corporation. Wire direct from your Canadian corp to Honduran corp. You can link or use the same name if you desire. You want a S. A. Honduran corp.