Seeking Info RE: If I move, my father has Parkinson's/dementia

Hello All,

I will be visiting in Nicaragua very soon and hope to connect with someone who has experience and/or knowledge about the home nurses in Nicaragua.  If I move there, I will be bringing my 84 year old father who requires a lot of daily assistance. I would need a nurse all day long, and then I hope to manage at night.  Oh, and, at this point, I need to learn Spanish, so I would need a bilingual nurse. Learning Spanish has moved way up to the top of my bucket list.

I will be staying a few days in Granada, and Leon.

Also does Nica support 110v for my CPAP machine?

Any suggestions or advice will be most appreciated. Many thanks to all that respond.......
Regards,
LAN

Hi...I have lived in NI for the past 7 1/2 years. My father, who lives in NH also has dementia. I always wondered what it
would be like to bring him here...I think its a good idea because medicine and help is very inexpensive. You
could get a full time nurse for probably $12 a day...I don't recommend a nursing home facility here. We put my
father in one in NH years ago. What a nightmare!! Here it would be a disaster!..I think it would be very easy to
get full time help. I would try talking to someone in one of the large private hospitals in Managau(not Vivian Pellas as
they are very expensive). Good luck, Bob.