Moving to Dorado, Puerto Rico in January

Hi,

My family and I are moving to Dorado, Puerto Rico in January.  We had done a lot of research and heard many good things about Tasis and had planned to send our son to 3rd grade there; however, we have been notified by the school that the 3rd grade class is already to maximum capacity.  Our other two options in the area are Dorado Academy or Fort Buchanan Elementary.  If anyone has knows anything about these schools any information would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance for any information!

Dave

Hello Dave,

I'm from Dorado, PR. You should consider Dorado Academy as a good option as well. This is a private school and they have tremendous teachers.The students use uniforms. I think that classes are entirely in English. This school is from Pre-kinder to 12th grade. The school is inside an urbanization called "Dorado del Mar", so they have acces control to get into the urbanization and then to the school. I can't tell you about the Fort Buchanan Elementary school, because I don't know anything about it. That's pretty much all that I know about Dorado Academy. I hope it helps.

Dave... you will really enjoy Dorado Academy!  We have been living in Dorado del Mar the past 4.5 years and our 3 children attend Dorado Academy.  We have been very happy there... small school feel and academically focused!  We just found out that we are moving back to the mainland in December.  We happen to have a 3rd grader too... so maybe that will ensure an open spot: )  Please reply with any questions.