Exporting a car FROM Bahrain

Notes from taking a car for export from Bahrain

Documents required
    CPR
    Vehicle Registration card
    Insurance card
    Completed vehicle licencing form (same as re-taxing the car)
    Passport (possibly not required)
    Copies of passport and CPR.
    If car was purchased with a  bank loan a discharge letter will be required from the bank (could take three days)

Process at Traffic Police (Isa Town)
    Go to vehicle inspection (inside main gate  same as annual inspection).  Go to Lane 3
    Car inspected and form stamped by inspector
    Take form to traffic offences section (main building right side door.  Take number from machine on entry and wait your turn.  Form stamped again (assuming no outstanding offences)
    Go to accident section (through corridor on right side).  Go to desk inside door and get form stamped again (assuming no outstanding accidents)
    Go to vehicle registration section.  Desk on left inside door to get form checked and be given a number.  Wait your turn.
    Certificate issue desk (right side of room) when you are called.  Form stamped again.  Go to cash desk (half way along back of room but no sign to say so) and pay BD51
    Return to Certificate Issue desk and get export licence and new ownership document marked for export
    Take certificate and payment receipt outside to small while hut near the main entrance (guys in orange tee-shirts under a sun-shade).  Go into hut and present receipt to person at counter.  Pay BD1 and get receipt.
    Take receipt to guys outside who will provide and fix export plates to your car.  Old plates are destroyed.
    Drive away with smile on your face.

You now have two weeks to take the car from the country

Easy!!

@ Josnuggles >  :thanks: Thank you for this sharing of information.

Priscilla

Thanks indeed fir the easy steps details

No problem. It's a pleasure

Thanks a lot for this information. Will really be useful if and when I need to export my car.

A masterpiece by Jo  :thanks:

Jo are you exporting your car  :P

this is very useful. do you know of any shipping agents in Bahrain to Kenya?

jazzy851 wrote:

A masterpiece by Jo  :thanks:

Jo are you exporting your car  :P

Ha ha.  Thanks Jazzy.  No I'm not exporting,  I work for a shipping company and they asked me to write something that the customers would understand regarding car export. I wrote this and then decided to share it to help others

bedh wrote:

this is very useful. do you know of any shipping agents in Bahrain to Kenya?

Nope sorry. Most companies prefer to ship a car in a container of household goods as this keeps the cost low. This is what my company does. I'm not allowed to say who I work for otherwise I will get slapped for trying to advertise but look in the business directory of this site for some suggestions

Ha ha.  Thanks Jazzy.  No I'm not exporting,  I work for a shipping company and they asked me to write something that the customers would understand regarding car export. I wrote this and then decided to share it to help others

I'm just teasing Jo.  ;)

Thanks for sharing the info - keep up the good work as always  :thanks:

Thanks Jazzy

ok. thanks.

Josnuggles wrote:

... I'm not allowed to say who I work for otherwise I will get slapped for trying to advertise but ...

I know who you work for.  :proud
It's an open secret :P

Thank you Josnuggles very useful info!  :top:

Farhaz wrote:
Josnuggles wrote:

... I'm not allowed to say who I work for otherwise I will get slapped for trying to advertise but ...

I know who you work for.  :proud
It's an open secret :P

I think it's even on my profile, but if I mention the company on here I get slapped by "the team"

Thanks for the info, but can we try the same process if I want to export it back to India. Do you have any idea how much I need to pay as excise or import duty in india?

abhishek mukherjee wrote:

Thanks for the info, but can we try the same process if I want to export it back to India. Do you have any idea how much I need to pay as excise or import duty in india?

Hi, You will need to look in to the laws regarding importing a car in to India as that is what will matter most.

Here you will need to de register your car but once that is done you only have 14 days to take it off the island so ensure all the procedures for India are in place and confirmed.

The traffic directorate here can give you all the information you need

Hi,

Do you know if we are required to get an Insurance for export policy to export our car to Saudi ?
Thanks,
Jessy

jessyrohayem wrote:

Hi,

Do you know if we are required to get an Insurance for export policy to export our car to Saudi ?
Thanks,
Jessy

You can get insurance on the causeway and drive over as long as you have the certificate that says your car is allowed out of Bahrain

Thanks for your quick reply. This is very helpful.

According to the car dealer, we also need to do the customs paper (car > 2 yrs old) which might take a couple of days.

I think jessyrohayem is looking to "export" her car - not the insurance paper you need if you are commuting on a daily basis.

You can "export" a Bahrain car to Saudi but keep it as a Bahrain car and just get the permissions necessary rather than un registering the car and then having to re register it.

Dear,

Pleasure to read your detailed info.

Would like to know, I am an expat living in KSA. with the residence permit for KSA. I travel very often to Bahrain.

I liked a certain car, a 2009 model which I would like to import to the KSA.

My query is,

If I can retain the Bahrain plates??
And how do I export to KSA, being a resident of KSA.

Thank you in advance,

Regards,

Naufal Moosa

Is it not only if u are a resident of both KSA and Bahrain? What in case of KSA residents? Can we retain bahrain plates??

You will have to ask that at the directorate of traffic in Isa Town.

Thanx for all the steps Complete analysis! Pretty useful.

K.

Its easy, you can go to Bahrain.bh and they can help you as well.

Essantial

I too have the same query, did you got to know whether we can or not ???

mohammad1986 wrote:

I too have the same query, did you got to know whether we can or not ???

I honestly don't have a clue what your question means

We recently got a car on loan on my wife's name, i have a bahraini residency, but i live and work in saudi arabia. I usually come to bahrain on weekends. I want to take the car to saudi arabia to use it there only. Want to know the procedure, and for how long i can keep it in saudi with bahraini number plates.

Causeway insurance and a letter from your wife giving you permission to take her car to Saudi. You can do 3 month insurance and the letter from your wife can be valid for a year

Can you tell from where to get this letter approved.

twotimmer wrote:

Can you tell from where to get this letter approved.

Ministry of transport at Isa Town

is there any sample letter ?? please mail me at ***

Moderated by Bhavna 8 years ago
Reason : Please avoid posting your mail ad on the forum. You may exchange by private message

Ask any car hire place or the ministry

Actually Iam Planning to export a car from bahrain to Kerala(India) temporarily. And i would like bring it back here after 6months. So may i know what are the complete procedures for it??

Actually Iam Planning to export a car from bahrain to Kerala(India) temporarily. And i would like bring it back here after 6months. So may i know what are the complete procedures for it??

Would it not be easier to hire a car in Kerala? For the short duration to export and then bring back, you may want to weigh up the costs and compare..

Good luck  :top:

shibimv wrote:

Way too expensive and certainly not worth doing for only 6 months