Home improvement in Vienna

Hi all,

I'm new to the forum and was wondering if i could get some advise on home improvement in Vienna as my mother lives there and i will be helping renovate her flat to suit her needs as she gets older.

What decent DIY stores are there in Vienna that i could use? I'll be looking for things like taps and tile initially as I'm starting on the bathroom. I know a English company called screwfix that could deliver this sort of stuff to Austria but i would rather look around Vienna itself to find what i want.

Any help or ideas will be much appreciated.

Thanks!
Will

Hello Will.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Aurélie

Hello Will,

I have done interior renovation/home improvment work. I now live in Vienna. I would be glad to help you out. Some home improvment stores to check out are baumax and bauhaus and more. You can obtain everything you would want or need.

Have a good day,
Alex

interior is a good store for home department, but can be quite pricy,
I'd go for IKEA, they do have sanitaries as well.

The home departments mostly are dependent on your mum's insurance because some of them only take certain insurances and some don't take people who were, for instance, self-employed, because that insurance is a different one then.

My granddad is in a retirement home and we looked through a lot of stuff for him, so probably message me details (how long has she been here, does she have citizen status?) and I can look through the folder we made for my granddad, what infos there are.

Hello katy.ice and welcome to Expat.com!

thank you for your participation on this thread, even if the latter is inactive since 2013!

Useful infos are always most welcomed!

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com Team