Dreaming of studying in Romania; can't find information...Please help!

Hello!
So I'm a 17 year old girl living in Mexico. I'm Mexican by birth, but I speak English fluently without any detectable accent...I was homeschooled up till three or so years ago, when I enrolled in a high school in Mexico City. Then my family moved to Cancun, and I'm now going to another school.
Long story short, I fell in love with the Romanian language a little over two years ago, and have been working my rear off even harder in school ever since, in hopes of getting a scholarship to study computer programming in the University of Bucharest. I couldn't pay for Romanian classes, nor get to any; however, I got the ONLY Romanian-Spanish dictionary I could find and began listening to Romanian music, watching movies and Skyping with natives whenever I could. I've made slow progress, but having been forced into taking basic French classes in school...I had to take a French test and realized I had to keep myself from writing the answers in Romanian! That was a cool moment.
Now I've phoned the Romanian Embassy in Mexico multiple times, asking for information on the requirements; I've hounded the MAE's Web site and trolled the Internet for anything I might be able to use. The most useful link I found was  mae.ro/en/node/10251, but it didn't tell me some of the things I need to know. The people at the Embassy have...not been very receptive, despite the fact that I made it clear that I wasn't messing with them, and even made some halting attempts to speak to them in Romanian. They claim to know nothing and keep referring me to someone else, who is either never there, always in a bad mood or knows nothing. So I finally contacted the Romanian Embassy in the States. What a difference! At least they were friendly and said that though they couldn't give me any official help because I'm not based in the US, they could tell me who to e-mail for help. So I did mail the address they gave me, [email protected], and had no luck. No one replied, and it's been literally weeks. I'm just going to post here and hope someone knows something!
Is there any difference between the open school system and the regular one, in terms of, erm, "palatability" for the UNIBUC? I mean, will it hurt my chances of being accepted if I decide to study my last year of high in an open system?
How long will it take to get my letter of acceptance, approximately, assuming of course I get one? I need to save up money to return to Mexico City and get my papers straightened out, but I need to begin planning when exactly since I would probably have to leave in August or October.
My school average thus far is 9.7 out of 10, and I am hoping to improve it further this last year. Is that good enough to get a scholarship? How many job opportunities are there in Bucharest for a translator? (I have experience working as a freelance English-Spanish/Spanish-English translator.) And what about safety? With all the kidnappings and disappearances lately in Mexico, I don't want to jump from the frying pan and into the fire--especially considering I'll be all alone!
Also, my school doesn't give math and physics classes for my level, and while I'm more than happy to study those subjects on the side, I'm wondering what areas of them I should focus on, specifically. Any tips?
And just out of curiosity really (I obviously won't be able to care for a pet), what are the rules on bringing dogs/cats/fish into Romania?
What are some essential things I should take? Anything specific I should know (for example, anything I might say that might unwittingly insult someone, or some such thing)?

Thank you soooo much in advance! Sorry for the slew of questions. There are so many things I need to know, but I don't want to give up my dream!

Hello!

Have you tried to contact the university to see what kind of offers they have for foreign students? I suppose it would be  " facultatea de matematica si informatica"  http://www.unibuc.ro/facultati/matematica/
Regarding safety, bucharest a safe city, as safe as a big city can be- it can happen to be pick-pocketed but it is very unlikely to be kidnaped. There are some areas where it is better not to go by night alone, but l lived here for 30 years and I did no need to go there neither by night or by day. I can come home at 4 in the morning and nothing ever happened.
I can't think of anything in that you shouldn't do or say not to offend people in particular for Romania.
Pets-again I don't really know, I wanted to take a cat out of Romania once, and they told me that the general eu rules apply-the cat  should have an international health certificate signed by an athorised vet. In the end I did not take the cat because I decided she wouldn't enjoy the trip.
What else? About what you should study-I think it is the subjects they have for admission for the facilty( as far as I remember it was math and physics-but check with the university. If it helps you I could send you my old books-I hope I still have them ( and they are pretty old) just to see aproximately what the level is.

In the end, just for my curiosity- how did you get in contact with Romanian language? I never imagined that somebody from so far away would have any interest in Romania!

If there is anything else I can help you with, let me know

Cheers!

Wooooow!!! Multumesc muuuuult!!!!! :D:D:D:D I would love you forever if you could send me the books, hahaha ;):P I will be getting into translation again soon and hope to have some money ready soon. How much would you ask for the books/shipping? (I have absolutely no idea what things are worth in Romania hahaha :P I think in pesos and dollars xD )

You won't really believe this, but...I first heard Romanian in "Dragostea Din Tei", back when it was still the "Numa Numa song", a "crazy, super annoying party song in God knows what weird language that's sung by a fat kid dancing" (my dad's words hahaha, referring no doubt to Gary Brolsma). Back then I had no idea that a Romanian language existed; I didn't know where Romania was and I was firmly convinced that Transylvania was someplace either near Pennsylvania or in England hahahaha :P >_< (yeah childish ignorance xD...I swear I'm not normally like this!) but I was intrigued by the beautiful sound and decided I wanted to find out more...it just grew up from there. <3 I've been smitten ever since.

http://manualul.info/TH/Elemente_de_Ana … I_1995.pdf
This is one of the books i studied in the 11th grade-i told you they are prety old-it is only one of them, t think there was one more for algebra and another for geometry. I will check at parents house what books i still have, and if you want them, i dont want any money for them; i have no ideea how much the shipping would be
But i think you can find online some of more recent ones, cheeper and faster.
See if you can downloand any of the following, they are more recent

For 12th grade https://www.scribd.com/mobile/doc/174853189
And 9th  https://www.scribd.com/mobile/doc/181128011

Call the university first to see what oportunities they have for foreing students- usually gor romanian students the admision is an exam, and if you need to take it ( i dont think so for foreing students) you need the recent manuals

I would really appreciate that :3 I don't have much allowed computer time so I must generally rely on printed material--which thus far has consisted entirely of a pocket dictionary :P
I have spoken online with representatives from several Romanian universities, namely the universities of Bucharest, Pitesti, Politehnica din Bucuresti, etc. They all said they don't have an admissions test and only need my high school grades to be good enough. They said mine are good enough, but I feel I don't know enough and I want to be at least somewhat prepared ;)
Thank you again soooo much :D:D I have had a time looking for books in Romanian! There's nothing here :/

[Moderated: No free ad on the forum.]

How old are you, PrincessKiara? Perhaps you should try coming to Romanian using an alternative route, which might be the Cervantes Institute exchange programs. The Cervantes Institute from Bucharest is quite dinamic, I remember that some time ago there was a Cuban teacher. Another way might be getting a job here and you will learn Romanian by talking to people and later start an academic study. Or make yourself a blog and start translating from Romanian to Spanish various pieces of literature or anything else, I am sure other people will help you, if necessary. Become known as a freelance translator and perhaps you will be granted a scholarship by the Romanian Cultural Institute, this public institution has dedicated programs for foreigners who enjoy the Romanian language.
The public or private universities in Romania do not have a large offert for scholarships, unfortunatelly. The admission is usually easy, but they charge an annual fee. Good luck!

Perhaps the most effective way would be to become a volunteer corespondent from Mexico for the media from Romania. This will surely be helpful in case you would like to come here by an exchange program for young journalists. The EU has dedicated funding for this kind of activity.

Hello hermanhesse :) I'm 17, and I'd really like to go either this year or the next if I can't make it that soon. I found a page on the MAE's site outlining the details of government scholarships, and I think I will apply for one of those, but they look almost too good to be true. Is there a catch? There has to be...lol.

As to becoming a journalist, that's not really my cup of tea...I'd like to study Științe Calculatoarelor (computer science), specifically in the areas of Web design/videogame programming and design.

One more question, as an aside. My family got this ridiculous little Chihuahua puppy rather against my will, but I've grown very attached to her and she is smart and friendly. I know it's probably not wise to even think about taking her with me, but I can't help it. What are the rules for traveling with pets like her? She is not the smallest of Chihuahuas but she is very little nonetheless.

Thank you again to everyone!  :D:D