Any expats from the US?

Hello everyone! I recently graduated college with a degree in engineering but am pretty bored with the career already. My best friend is from Montenegro and he said his family would host me indefinitely to restore their family vineyard which is very exciting. I'm planning to go in May 2017 and hopefully stay for a year or two.

I've found conflicting information online about how long you can stay and for what purpose. Does anybody have any idea if this grandiose plan of mine could work or do laws and regulations prevent me from staying that long? How can I make this work?

Hi dmenac!
As a tourist you can stay up to 90 days only so if you want to settle on a longer period then you will have to set up a company,  hire yourself and pay social contributions monthly. This way you can get a work permit which will be the base of your residence permit for 1 year. That will cost you each month about 100e for the accountant, 100e of social contributions and you'll pay yourself the minimum salary of c. 190e.
So far I've never heard of any other way of getting residence permit for a foreigner (unless you may a Montenegrin citizen).
Cheers!