A day in the life

Planner, a lovely lady, came up with the idea of a thread to talk about your day - a sort of communal diary. I went on to steal the idea for the Indonesia forum.

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=409699https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=254315

Perhaps it would be nice to start the same threads on other country's forums.

If you start one in your country, please post the link here, and don't forget to thank Planner for the idea.

I had the same idea and was very charmed by her initiative. So I will start mine on the Netherlands and Jordan forum.

"A day in the life" thread on the DR forum is one of the most active and interesting.

Bob K

It's a good idea, but someone official should officially tell us all if such a thing is permitted on this site before people spend their hard earned time.

great idea mas fred

HaileyinHongKong wrote:

It's a good idea, but someone official should officially tell us all if such a thing is permitted on this site before people spend their hard earned time.

Half empty.

A day in the life threads would give new and potential expats a glimpse of day to day life in the country.

HaileyinHongKong wrote:

You don't have to win every argument. Agree to disagree

before coming to Pakistan, I was a very anxious person.always worried about the little things that could go wrong each day.  To avoid these, I planned each day down to the minute: at eight fifteen and not a minute later, I would wake up; at exactly eight twenty, I would shower and be done by exactly eight thirty-five, and the list went on until bedtime, at which point I would plan the next day.  It was exhausting, but I felt I had to do it.

It is easy to lead this kind of lifestyle in the US, as we are a nation that tends to keep planners, schedule meetings and strive to always be prompt.  But, it was not necessarily the best lifestyle for me: I grew anxious easily, especially if things went a little off schedule, and at the mere age of twenty-three, I was diagnosed with all kinds of health problems.

Pakistani society tends to be a little more lenient with time.  Meeting a colleague “at two o'clock” often means leaving one's home at two to head to the meeting (as opposed to arriving at two).  I found that almost everything here is at least a little late,but i like living here i felt more free here then i was in US. What coming to Pakistan did for me, though, was much, much more: it changed my outlook on life and on myself and for the better.  In short, it made me a better person. :thanks:

^
Indonesia is about the same.
Clocks are for fun, and stress related heart attacks are something in stories about America and Britain.

Nice read - get wild and start  thread on your local forum, not forgetting to post a link here so we all get chance to read it.

Dr.Anna wrote:

before coming to Pakistan, I was a very anxious person.always worried about the little things that could go wrong each day.  To avoid these, I planned each day down to the minute: at eight fifteen and not a minute later, I would wake up; at exactly eight twenty, I would shower and be done by exactly eight thirty-five, and the list went on until bedtime, at which point I would plan the next day.  It was exhausting, but I felt I had to do it.

It is easy to lead this kind of lifestyle in the US, as we are a nation that tends to keep planners, schedule meetings and strive to always be prompt.  But, it was not necessarily the best lifestyle for me: I grew anxious easily, especially if things went a little off schedule, and at the mere age of twenty-three, I was diagnosed with all kinds of health problems.

Pakistani society tends to be a little more lenient with time.  Meeting a colleague “at two o'clock” often means leaving one's home at two to head to the meeting (as opposed to arriving at two).  I found that almost everything here is at least a little late,but i like living here i felt more free here then i was in US. What coming to Pakistan did for me, though, was much, much more: it changed my outlook on life and on myself and for the better.  In short, it made me a better person. :thanks:

well said sis  :D

well respected members of Expat.com today is a funniest day of my life when i was going to my office i saw  bumpy banana and  bumpy apple. i stopped and i watch closely and thought y they r bumping then i realize that there is a sharp knife under them that's y the r bumping and we can understand how bumpy it can be so i ignored them Because it is GOD'S will. hahahah jokes a part well let me come to the point and let  banana and apple keep bumping hahaha. as for a day of life ! My company hired P.A for me so there r many women came for interview  among them there is a very young girl age around 65+ she is amazing when our interview board interview her and ask y u want this job and y do u think that u r right for this post she said because i m a very good belly dancer and she is not stopped at that she dance in front of them. hahahah more on that she fall upon a young employee of or company and broke his leg.head of our hr department video the whole entertainment on his TAB  he is from Germany.after that he just walk into my office and said syed we found a very very young talented P.A for u.then he show me all that do and does and we start laughing. then i said Axel u must marry her because u r always concerned about ur safety well guys life is tricky some time hahahahahaha

:o so u enjoyed it. aren't  u syed zee. for me today was a big tired day.today i try to cook Pakistani (chpati or chapata) what ever well for those who don't know it is a traditional Pakistani bread it suppose to be round but i came out with eight even nine ten and so on wonders of the world. :huh::huh: and more on that my maid teach me but in the end she also forgot.

hahahah you are right sis.i can bet how hard it is.it took me over 1 year to cook a pakistani roti

On your request, I post the links on the forums I started today. Instead to start off by myself, I give the honors to the others.  :Dhttps://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=424297https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=424298

I hope it will be just as successful as the original thread of Planner. :thanks:

Meet other expats and join the events

OR