Internet connection in central Mexico

Hello, Friends,
Greetings to all.
We are musicians living in my husband's small home town and have had internet problems from the git-go four years ago, and they seem to be getting worse. I use USB broad band now, and would like to switch to wireless receiver.
If I purchase a receiver in the US will it work here in Mexico?
Any experiences with this, anybody? Suggestions for better service with tech advice?
Thanks for reading.
Gail

Hi gubabbaboy,

Yes, wi fi routers do work in Mexico, all of the devices we brought from the U.S. work fine.
We have cablemas, and had one of only 2 problem in 2 years, just yesterday. Their server apparently went down, and it was fixed this morning.. That has been an exception not the rule. Actually we have far fewer problems than we had in the U.S. In the U.S. we were having to call Comcast almost monthly and they wanted to charge for each of those calls even though it seemed an equipment problem, their equipment.. The Cablemas guy came out twice, knew how to set up with our router and we were in business.

You have to really familiarize your self about routers some are much better than others, We have a Asus Multi-functional wireless N router that meets all out needs.

Good luck

I use TelMex, which gives me telephone and wifi with one bill. A few problems, but nothing much. For a brief time, I had the local cable, but that didn't work as well, and included a TV hookup, useless to me as I don't have a TV.
I'm sure you'll be satisfied with whatever you choose, as most people compare Mexican service favorably with service in the states.

Thank you for your thoughtful reply.

Check with the clinic and school on your town, most of them have wireless and can hook you up with a carrier that "works" in your area. Good luck!

yea i do and am a deejay i would like to be. am amadou mendy from the gambia west africa e email [email protected]