Dog rescue

Hi Everyone!!
I'm posting this in the hope that someone might want to help...I am involved in the rescue and re-homing of dogs from Romania. Romania has a huge amount of street dogs that are under constant threat from mass culling by poisoning by the local councils (their answer to the problem),they also face death and injury from traffic and, if they survive all this, they face a constant daily battle to find food and survive. There are now quite a few charity organisations that are doing all they can to rescue, neuter and re-home these poor dogs but it is not an easy task! To send dogs abroad is a lenghty and expensive proccess, especially to send them to England, however Austria is an ideal destination as it is relatively close to Romania so the cost of transport is immediately reduced and it is well known that the Austrian people have a wonderful reputation when it comes to animal welfare, another good reason to give these lovely dogs a second chance there. Basically what we need is someone who is prepared to give up their time and be a re-homing volunteer. This would involve home checks, making sure the dogs arrive at their new homes safely and further update checks on those homes as required. it is a big ask I know but so worth while don't you think? We already have transport for the dogs that goes through Austria on its way to England so that side of things are taken care of.
If you think you could help in anyway please get in touch with me so we can talk more.
Thankyou for taking the time to read this!
Kerry xx

Hi Kerry,

I came across your post on the expats forum, since I have been living in Vienna the past few months after living in Athens for several years. I would really like to help out in any way possible the rescue dogs either from Romania or Greece. In GReece the situation is terrible, most pet rescues or shelters do not have any funding to hospitalise injured dogs. They don't have enough space to shelter them and are depending on donations in order to spay the dogs. I am very keen to help in any way possible either hands on help or raising funds to treat sick or injured dogs. Also, I think we could find nice loving families in Austria that would like to adopt a stray.

Please let me know how I can help and how we, as a team can help these poor dogs get a second chance in life.

Thank you.

Nathalie

My partner and I are looking to adopt. You can contact me via email

Hi Kerry,

I just came across your message, and thought I would drop a line, although it has been a while since you posted.  I am a New Yorker living currently in Vienna with my Austrian husband, 3 year old son and a 3 year old Havanese puppy.  I am very interested in helping out at animal shelters or doing any kind of volunteer work for animals, especially homeless dogs.  If you are still looking for help, I would love to be able to talk to you.  If so, perhaps you could drop me a line?  My email is [email protected].  Thanks a lot and looking forward to hearing from you.
J
ade

I am also interested in this!  Please let me know if you still need volunteers.

Best,
Claire

Hi Kerry
I would feel privileged to help in any way I can.
Let me know where you need my help.
Regards Erika

Hello Erika

Kindly note that Kerry has created this thread in 2009 and is inactive since.

Time to close down this thread I think ;)

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com Team

Closed