Conidering moving to Bulgaria

Hi all
I have been offered a job in a call center in Sofia. The salary they proposed me is 600 euros a month. The woman I talked with says cost of living is quite lower than abroad. Do you think I could manage to rent an apartment pay bills, have a nice standard of living with those money?

The wage 600 Euro (1200 Lev) is for Bulgarian standards an ok wage
But i know that Depending on the nr of languages spoken and skills they offer up to 2000 Lev/month (1000 Euro)

Hi Saphira,

1200 BGN is well above the average salary in Bulgaria. However, Sofia is the capital city and therefore nice apartments are (in Bulgarian terms) quite expensive. You could certainly survive on an income of 1200 BGN (600 euro) but if you have to pay rent, and you want to run a car too, you won't have lots of extra cash for luxuries. Public transport in Bulgaria is very cheap, so try to find an apartment that is on a bus route to your work, or is within walking/cycling distance.

Many young Bulgarians have older relatives that live in the villages. The older relatives grow fruit and vegetables, which the younger people share (in return for helping out with the gardening at weekends). This makes it easier for them to survive on a low income.

For what it is worth, I personally could not and would not want to live on less than 1800 leva as an expat, not in Sofia anyway. Unless you wish to stay-in most of the time, then why go to Sofia in the first place..

600 Eur is a bit low for such a shitty job (no offense but it is), so ask them for more. To give you a hint Italian is not the most popular foreign language around so this gives you an advantage. Ask for more.
Take care.