Formalities & Rules for Family Joining Visa

Dear All,

Can anyone please tell me the current rules and regulations for the family joining visa (spouse and 2 years old kid)? It will be more helpful if you can elaborate the formalities for this here.

I know i can get perfect information form the company PRO. But communication with him is really being difficult for the language issues. I am not understanding his words. Some issues is not clear to me :

1) Bank Statements - 3 or 6 months required?
2) Attestation of Marriage Certificate (for spouse) & kid's birth certificate - for where I have to Attest?
3) Attestation  of  kid's birth certificate is required or not?
4) House Agreement Copy - Is it must document?
5) Salary 600 OMR - Is it basic or total minimum salary?
6) GAMCA medical test is require for my kid's also?

Regards,
Reza

Hi Reza,

It is not strange that you are facing communication issues with your company's PRO. Find a way to communicate with your company's PRO, for he will be the best person to guide on these matters, as he is the one who is front ending the job for you at the concerned places. If you cannot follow him fully, use an interpreter who can explain the happenings more clearly and better.

Have marked my responses against your queries :

1) Bank Statements - 3 or 6 months required? – 3 months.

2) Attestation of Marriage Certificate (for spouse) & kid's birth certificate - for where I have to Attest? – First get them certificates attested at the Indian Embassy. Next take them to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs' Attestation Division which is diagonally opposite to the Royal Opera house Muscat.

3) Attestation  of  kid's birth certificate is required or not? – Yes, it is required.

4) House Agreement Copy - Is it must document? – Yes, it is.

5) Salary 600 OMR - Is it basic or total minimum salary? – Total.

6) GAMCA medical test is require for my kid's also? – No, not required.

Also, it would help you a lot to visit the Royal Oman Police website which will give you the details you need to know : http://www.rop.gov.om/english/dg_pr_vis … oining.asp

Good luck.

Thanks a lot sir!!! U r amazing .. cleared all my confusion.. I will try to find a way to communicate with PRO.. thanks again

2 get family visa UR salary must be 600 Rial and UR profission must be high as markeeting supervisor/manager/engineer/doctor/invister/bsns partner then u get family visa after submitting all documents and they verify UR sponsor bsns

thank you for the information. When my residence card was preparing my company's PRO was saying that for my visa category there will be no problem to bring my family here. Let me check with him again. Thanks again.

There is a recent regulation that you can bring your family only after you have resided here for a minimum period of 6 months. Have that clarified by your employer if you intend to bring them earlier.
Bank statements - To my knowledge its not required. Probably the gentleman who responded earlier knows better. A salary certificate issued byyour employer is mandatory as per my understanding.

Gamca is essential , i think kids birth certificate no need ( as per ROP Website)

I am a newly married person & intend to bring my family on resident visa. I came to know that as per the MOP new rule in order to get the resident visa employees salary should be 600 OMR At present my gross salary is 665 OMR. But its not update in MOP during joining time. My gross salary which is mentioned in MOP is 300 0MR. Please give me an advice how to get family visa.

anishnamson wrote:

I am a newly married person & intend to bring my family on resident visa. I came to know that as per the MOP new rule in order to get the resident visa employees salary should be 600 OMR At present my gross salary is 665 OMR. But its not update in MOP during joining time. My gross salary which is mentioned in MOP is 300 0MR. Please give me an advice how to get family visa.

Hi anishamson,

Whatever is officially stated is what would be taken into consideration.

You must immediately try and get the salary figure corrected in the official records for you to become eligible for applying for family status.

What is MOP ?

Dear Reza...

Have all your problems solved? What are the procedures u had followed?

I have plan to bring my family... I hae marraige certificate attested here at muscat indian embassy and ministry of foreign affairs. But i dont have my kid birth certificate attested here... Am trying to get that.

Rest all the things are ok to me to proceed with the application.

Your valuable feedback.... pls.

Thanks for your reply sir
MOP -Ministry of Man Power
But I applied & my PRO is saying that it is not possible like that and also he told that ROP can update only by increment basis (around 6% of previous mentioned salary). Is it like that or not, please reply sir.

Sumitran wrote:
anishnamson wrote:

Hi anishamson,

You must immediately try and get the salary figure corrected in the official records for you to become eligible for applying for family status.

What is MOP ?

But I applied(submitted six month bank statement) & my PRO is saying that it is not possible like that and also he told that ROP can update only by increment basis (around 6% of previous mentioned salary). Is it like that or not, please reply sir.

anishnamson wrote:
Sumitran wrote:
anishnamson wrote:

Hi anishamson,

What is MOP ?

But I applied(submitted six month bank statement) & my PRO is saying that it is not possible like that and also he told that ROP can update only by increment basis (around 6% of previous mentioned salary). Is it like that or not, please reply sir.

Hello anishamson,

In matters like this it is better to go with what your company PRO is advising since they would know about your case better than anyone else.

Good luck.

Dear rpsankar,

My problem solved and my family joined with me in June, 2014.

Needed papers :

- House agreement,
- Attested Marriage Certificate,
- Attested Birth Certificate of Children,
- Passport Copies of yours, your wife and kids
- Photographs
- Your residence card copy
- your 1st page of residence card application form

All you have to give to your company PRO. He will submit.
Ask him how collect. 20 OMR per visa you will need to pay during visa collection

Regards,
Reza

Hi reza,

I am planning to bring my family by October...where did u do ur marriage and birth certificate attestation..my pro dint ask for it...Is it mandatory to have marriage and birth certificate attestation?is d six months rule of bringing family to.muscat is true?

Dear Jankar,

I am not sure about indian procedure for attestation. For me it was :

1) Attestation from Bangladesh Foreign Ministry
2) Attestation from Bangladesh Embassy in Oman
3) Attestation from Omani Foreign Affairs office, (5 OMR/Paper will require)

As far as i know that attestation is essential for family visa. Please check with your PRO.

I heard about the six months rule but not sure about it. I think PRO is the perfect person who can give you the reliable information.

Regards,
Reza

Hi reza,

Thank for d info...but how many months it took for u to process dependent visa

for my case it took only 3 days after submitting all papers to immigration by my company..

Regards,
Reza

Dear Omani Expats,

I hv been offered a job in oman and im in the process of employment visa formalities. I want to know the process of bringing my wife who is a filipino and im an indian. we hv our marriage certificate which was issued in saudi arabia. also the english translation of the arabic marriage certificate has been done and attested in the philippine embassy and indian embassy as well in saudi arabia, so what will be my requirements for getting the spouse visa n what documents i shall need?
do i need to get the attestations again in the indian embassy n philippine embassy in oman?
Also i want to know if i hv to wait for 6 months for bringing my wife on spouse visa?
Your feedback n help will be highly appreciated.. thanks in advance..

Hi dr.mmu,

Find answers marked beside your queries below :

dr.mmu wrote:

Dear Omani Expats,

I hv been offered a job in oman and im in the process of employment visa formalities. I want to know the process of bringing my wife who is a filipino and im an indian. we hv our marriage certificate which was issued in saudi arabia. also the english translation of the arabic marriage certificate has been done and attested in the philippine embassy and indian embassy as well in saudi arabia, so what will be my requirements for getting the spouse visa n what documents i shall need? - (i) Both of your passport copies showing each other's names in the spouse section, (ii) Your official marriage certificate, in both its original Arabic format as well as the translation in English, duly attested by all concerned departments, (iii) Copy of your valid Omani resident card, (iv) Copy of your employment visa page from your passport, (v) Your employer's authorisation document, sealed and signed by an official signatory.
do i need to get the attestations again in the indian embassy n philippine embassy in oman? - Yes
Also i want to know if i hv to wait for 6 months for bringing my wife on spouse visa? - Yes
Your feedback n help will be highly appreciated.. thanks in advance..

Hi Mr. Sumitran,
Thanks so much for your valuable feedback, its highly appreciated.. I hv one more query which is although not related to the topic but still im sure u can help me.. I hv a valid saudi driving licence, is it possible for me to change it to omani driving licence without going thru the test? by default all driving licences in saudi are manual only and not separate options for manual n automatic.. Thanks again..

dr.mmu wrote:

Hi Mr. Sumitran,
Thanks so much for your valuable feedback, its highly appreciated.. I hv one more query which is although not related to the topic but still im sure u can help me.. I hv a valid saudi driving licence, is it possible for me to change it to omani driving licence without going thru the test? by default all driving licences in saudi are manual only and not separate options for manual n automatic.. Thanks again..

Hi Hi dr.mmu,

Odd it may sound, the answer to your query is sometimes 'yes' and sometimes 'no' ! Can't say for sure with the authorities here. Many times it would purely be dependent on the officer's whims and fancies. Strange, but true. You'll have to come here and give it a try.

Good luck.

Thanks again Mr Sumitran for your kind reply..

Dear All

Is it necessary to submit tenancy agreement for applying family visa. If company is providing housing, then how one will get the agreement in his name?

Also kindly let me know whether letter from company is enough instead of bank statement regarding the salary?

thop wrote:

Dear All

Is it necessary to submit tenancy agreement for applying family visa. If company is providing housing, then how one will get the agreement in his name?

Also kindly let me know whether letter from company is enough instead of bank statement regarding the salary?

A letter from company stating they are providing you housing would be enough I guess !

Still do ask your PRO , he'd gladly assist you !

thop wrote:

Dear All

Hi thop,

If company is providing you with the accommodation, you have nothing to do except move into the house.

Obviously the tenancy agreement will be on the company's name and not on any individual's name.

You don't need to furnish your salary proof ether.

Hi,

I have gone through theses posts, I have accepted job offer on 2500 O.R with company car and accomodation.

Is that possible for me to bring my family with me as we all are Canadian Citizen? or I have to come first and join?

How many month house rent agreement required for family joining visa processing

abhijit.sonkusare wrote:

How many month house rent agreement required for family joining visa processing

Hi abhijit.sonkusare,

How hard is it for you to scroll up this very same page to see the answer already provided to your query.

Hi,

Can i get family visa if my profession is Mechanical Technician and my salary is 850 OMR.

Hi there,

I have recently got married and have been working out of Oman past 2 years,My Husband works out of another country, He gets one month off for every 2 months he works. Now i would like to get him to Oman through family joining visa every time he gets his one month holiday. I have heard that a wife cant sponsor her husband.

Please could advise if there other options to resolve this issue and what are the documents that would be required.

Thanks.

rs_1234 wrote:

Hi there,

I have recently got married and have been working out of Oman past 2 years,My Husband works out of another country, He gets one month off for every 2 months he works. Now i would like to get him to Oman through family joining visa every time he gets his one month holiday. I have heard that a wife cant sponsor her husband.

Please could advise if there other options to resolve this issue and what are the documents that would be required.

Thanks.

Hi rs_1234,

The simplest option for you would be to get your husband over on a visit visa which carries a validity period of 3 months + 1 month.

He can spend 1 month in Oman and return to his work. By the time he's due again to visit Oman his waiting period would have got completed. And so he would be eligible to apply again for another visit.

Theoretically it seems feasible. But I am not sure if there will be any hassles practically. In Oman, 'Murphy's Law' regularly wrecks havoc with the lives of numerous expatriates. So suggest you seek the counsel of your company's administration department / PRO ask them for the best suggestion.

Hi
me and my wife works in oman,now my wife is pregnant. I don't have family visa.will there be any issue for visa for the baby?
can the baby added to patent visa without family status. ?
If possible what all documents required.
Please advise

nithinj23 wrote:

Hi
me and my wife works in oman,now my wife is pregnant. I don't have family visa.will there be any issue for visa for the baby?
can the baby added to patent visa without family status. ?
If possible what all documents required.
Please advise

Hi nithinj23,

Please read the post in the following link for information you could use.

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=315004

Good luck.

Dear All,

Help me I am in great problem, my wife is working in Oman and she is sponsoring a  family joining  to me and to her children. The problem is that I am getting unfit from GAMCA. Is there anyway that I can stay with my family in Oman.

Sohel78 wrote:

Dear All,

Help me I am in great problem, my wife is working in Oman and she is sponsoring a  family joining  to me and to her children. The problem is that I am getting unfit from GAMCA. Is there anyway that I can stay with my family in Oman.

Hi Sohel78,

Your posts are unclear.

You were asked earlier about how come you can come on family joining visa (I think you are a male), sponsored by your wife. Women are not allowed to sponsor their husbands. It is vice versa.

Bypassing that, if your GAMCA report states that you are "unfit for travel", then yes, you are also disqualified for getting a dependent visa (if such a thing is really possible). Unfortunately, there's nothing you can do about it.

Yes, you can still come to Oman. But only on a visit visa which has a total validity period of 3 + 1 month extension = 4 months at a stretch.

Hello everyone, I think I have got all the papers relating to my family joining visa but everyday facing a new issue. Pl. clarify whether attested copy of birth certificate is required for my 4 year old daughter or her passport would suffice the purpose along with a copy of her birth certificate. I have yet to fly to Oman from India pl. also suggest whether attestation from India is mandatory or it can also b done from Oman.

Thanks in advance

Thank you Sumitran for you kind advise.

You are correct that a wife cannot sponsor residence visa to her husband.  Secondly can you give information about that if I do my medical in Muscat will they give fit as I as suffering from TB 10 years back and it was completely healed now there are some scars on my lungs for that reason they had made me unfit in India.

And also how many times I can come to Oman on visit visa and how much time span should be there between two visits.

Thanks once again and waiting for your favourable reply.

Sohel

Hi Sohel78,

It doesn't matter where you do your medical tests, if you are medically fit, you will get a 'fit to travel' stamp.

If you are not, obviously you would be declared as 'unfit to travel'.

Regarding your second query, you can come on a visit visa. Each visit can be for a period of 3 months, with a  possibility of a 1-month extension. So at a stretch you can stay for 4-months on your visit visa. And so in a year you can probably make 2 visits - maximum. 3 + 1=4; 3 + 1=4. That makes it 8-months. Plus the intervening waiting period.

Usually you can reapply on your exit and come back again within a week or so which is usually the time it takes for your new visit visa application to be processed. But recently I was informed by another member in the forum that there are some new rule amendments regarding this. Now it seems they are saying that between visits a 1-year gap is required. I have not heard of this prior though. Get it clarified officially.

Good luck.

Thanks for your advice Sumitran