How long can a snowbird stay in Panama

I am confused,  I have read in different sections of the guide, that as a tourist, the maximum I can stay is 90 days.  Later in sections, I read that being from Canada I can stay up to 180 days.  Can anyone help me determine the right length and what I would need to do if we wanted to stay 4-5 months.  Help is appreciated

Two years ago the government changed the time a Canadian or USA citizen can stay in Panama from 90 days to 180 days.  They actually count by month, not days.  Your driving licence, however, is still only valid for three months.  You can not get a Panamanian driving license unless you have permanent residency.   You can leave the country, go over the border into Costa Rica and return the same day with a new stamp and the 180 days starts again.   Many people live here as "perpetual tourists", for years and years.   I am a Canadian and have lived here for 7 years, if you need anything more specific, feel free to contact me.

Currently, you can stay 6 months on just your tourist visa( passport). The reason you are getting confusing information is that it used to be 90 days and they changed it a few years ago.
Many people have lived here for years on their passport, just leaving every 6 months to get it stamped in another country like Costa Rica.

Hello, you as Canadian can stay in Panama for 6 months (180 days).
If you want to live in Panama, you can apply for a permanent resident permit, that allow you to stay here p[permanently.
Regards
Ricardo

Are there benefits to being a “perpetual tourist” VS paying for a “pensionado visa”?

You can't live in Panama any more as a perpetual tourist. https://blog.thepanamaadventure.com/201 … -tourists/