Is a Diploma graduate degree enough to get job in the aviation field?

Hello ,
My name is Gaurav Pandey, 24, currently living and working in Ahmedabad, Gujarat State, India under government organization of Civil Aviation department. I have 2.5 years of work experience in Aviation field along with the certifications of aviation degree and I also hold a valid and current commercial pilot`s license. I have a graduation degree of BSc I.T from a good and reputed university in India. Was planning for the Feb 2015 intake into Manukau Institute of technology or Unitec, Auckland and the course which i am interested in is " Graduate Diploma in Information and comm technology" level 7. Have been searching the internet and asking my friends in NZ for the current scenario for quite a while. Your insight will help me a lot also about the current labour market situation in Nz. But my first question is that a Diploma graduate degree is enough to a earn me a job in the same relevant field in Nz at present??

Hello Gaurev,

You also might consider the advantages of being in Australia.  My son is a Pilot
and flies for Qantaslink - a profitable arm of Qantas. The jobs on offer are worth
checking out.  Air NZ  is worth a go also if you can get a position with them. Peter

Thank you Peter. I was was indeed considering that option too but the plans to NZ for the mentioned course have been finalized now. My question however remains unanswered. Is it good enough if I do Graduate Diploma of 1 year, level 7 in ICT, is it worth for a job in NZ ??

Hi Gaurav Pandey and welcome to Expat.com :)

In order to give much more light to your questions, i have created a new thread with your post on the New Zealand forum.

Regards

Priscilla  :cheers: