Australian moving to Toronto

Hey im Tom 24 years old from Melbourne Australia im moving to Toronto this week.. Just looking for a smooth transition, make some new friends go out have a bit of a party, see the sites and just have fun really. If anyone would like to catch up that would be good, ive heard its a bit difficult to make friends... I'm very social easy to get along with and always enjoy a laugh .. I look forward to hearing from any aussies, foreigners and Canadians to get to know... Im moving there because my girlfriend is finishing off her schooling.. i play guitar so always up for a bit of an acoustic jam ... let us know if anyone is up for it.. Thanks

Hello Tom.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Aurélie

hi tom,

"good on ya" as they say;) toronto is a great city. there's a lot of recreational sports clubs you can join, tons of pubs in the core, and associations/networks via the universities.

if you're anything like the aussies i've known, your disposition (and accent) will initiate loads of conversations :)

i've known several aussies through work that relocated to north america (primary ny & tor) and its funny but the first thing many do (when they can) is travel, which considering the flight time from aus, it's no surprise.

good luck!

Hi Tom! =) Welcome to Toronto! I moved here from Italy one month ago as well! Where are you staying?
We should make a blog meet-up for the Toronto new-comers!

Best,
Elettra

Hi Suzie Que, I'll be moving to Canada for an intership in IT field. I'm really expecting a possibility to work in the same company that i'll be working as an Intern this could make all the difference in the world as i wouldn't need to go through hell looking for a job like people i notice in the forum. What's your opinion?
Cheers
Hericles

Hi Mate

Welcome to Toronto. I moved here few months ago myself from Sydney. Love the place...miss Rugby and Cricket though....

Pat

Hi Tom, I am looking to network with Australians living in Canada. My company has expanded to Australia and looking to grow our business.  If you or know of anybody interested in a global project, please let me know, thanks TW