Moving to London

Hello, I'm a newbie.... I'm young and trying to find a way to move to London, Manchester. it's difficult for me trying to figure out how to get there I believe London is where it's at. I have a UK passport. My problem is not having a job or an apartment. I would like to study out there as well if the price isn't so bad. PLEASE HELP....

Dareash Robinson wrote:

Hello, I'm a newbie.... I'm young and trying to find a way to move to London, Manchester. it's difficult for me trying to figure out how to get there I believe London is where it's at. I have a UK passport. My problem is not having a job or an apartment. I would like to study out there as well if the price isn't so bad. PLEASE HELP....

Welcome to the forum

First move would be to check up on a visa. Then find a job. 

In the meantime start saving heaps of money as London is not a cheap place to live in.

I am sure other forum members will give you advice or information. 

Good luck

Being a UK Passport holder, are you not entitled to government support until you find a job? And then apply for Student Finance to receive loans towards your studies?

Dareash,

I had never heard of Providenciales, Turks and Caicos, which I now studied on the net and I am very impressed by its wonderful beaches and a potential holiday resort of future.

If i were you, I would get a degree in Hotel Management in UK and return to my lost Paradise ASAP :heart:

Thank you :)

Hi Dareash! You should find out is if you need a UK Visa (this is the government's guidance gov.uk/check-uk-visa). Then if you should start looking for a flatshare and a job before arriving to London. Both can be difficult to get so it is better start doing your research way in advance. There are some big general job boards that you can use like Indeed.co.uk, Gumtree.com, Craigslist.co.uk and Monster.co.uk. Regarding room search I would advice you to look through spareroom.co.uk, Gumtree or Easyroommate.co.uk. If you want to know more job boards or room search sites or tips for budget life in London then have a look at BrokeinLondon.com. I wish you the best of luck!

nice answer!  :)

You have a British passport so don't need a Visa for working here.
What you do need is money to be able to live before you find employment.

"London is where it's happening"

I think a reality check is needed here, have you any idea how much it costs just renting an apartment  in London and you don't have a job to come to.

Before you have dreams of coming to the UK and this applies to everyone who thinks the UK is the answer to all of their problems.
Work hard and save in your own country, get yourself an education otherwise you end up in a low paid job and little to live on, that is the reality and it is for thousand of British people who do not have good qualifications.